U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:44 PM

805 posts, read 1,011,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I really don't care if some 22yr old kid working at Target smokes a joint or has a beer after their shift, now if they're standing there in a stupor(for whatever reason) and can't make change, than yes that is a problem.

That's ridiculous. And just add it to the list of the insane hoops that Target makes people go through. I was in Target on Super Bowl Sunday and they seemed to be short handed, so I asked the cashier(the only one open) what was going on. She said they were short 3 people, one called in sick and two were no shows.

So I said "oh the no shows must get fired for not calling in and not showing up", she said "oh only after a few times".

So I guess as long as you don't smoke pot and have good credit, showing up to work doesn't matter...LOL. To bad for us customers who had to wait on a long line, no doubt in my mind the Super Bowl had something to do with the lack of staff.

I think Target has some odd ways of doing things.

They have the cameras to review the tapes. If they suspect an employee is stealing they will get caught. They don't have to see it live if it is an employee. The reason they focus on store floor is they have to get the shoplifter at that moment, an employee who is stealing can be confronted after the fact.
And it may be a long time before they discover missing merchandise. Reviewing all those hours of tapes will be very time consuming.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 PM

5,509 posts, read 6,127,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Why do you assume everyone that does drugs does them during work hours? While I don't, I know several in CO that have MMJ cards work white collar jobs making 60k and don't smoke MJ before work or even at work they do it a night when they aren't working.
Your assumption of what I may or may not be assuming is baseless.

However, the assumption made by potential employers is that if someone tests positive for drugs in their system in the past x number of days, it is possible they may have a problem that will interfere with their job performance in one of any number of ways. You can argue about the validity of that assumption all you want. The employer may decide it isn't worth the risk.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 PM

827 posts, read 943,386 times
I love threads like these. You got to wonder if WestPhillyDude really exists, or this is just one long troll.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:23 PM

805 posts, read 1,011,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
I love threads like these. You got to wonder if WestPhillyDude really exists, or this is just one long troll.
The scary thing is that he works as an employment counselor helping other people obtain work.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:33 PM

5,509 posts, read 6,127,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
What confuses me is how his rep got so high.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,399,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
What confuses me is how his rep got so high.

Beware of posters with low Rep-to-Post ratio.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:57 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
How do I get your job friend because you post a lot during work hours on CD must be pretty cushy gov. job.

Some days are slower than others. Friday is my busiest day

Old 06-26-2013, 05:13 PM

550 posts, read 833,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
To me it just seems like a lot of typing to wash some damm dishes
It's not just some dishes and it is a lot of work that requires you to be on your feet for prolonged periods of time. One of my friends was trying to get in the door at Cheescake Factory and he only had a bit of experience cooking. He started as a dishwasher. He was on his feet from 5pm-1am most days. He had to clean not just dishes but also heavy cooking equipment, grills, griddles, kitchen counters, food stations, ect. And if not warned, these items could be greasy and hot still. You have to clean and disinfect each item thoroughly. So it's not just rinsing off a few dirty dishes.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Now you're just being silly. Because customer service and clerical jobs are hard to get these days. Because some people would rather have a physical job than to sit at a desk all day. Because some people need work schedules that aren't 9-5. Because you often need a host of specialized computer skills (Powerpoint, etc) to get a clerical job. Because clerical/customer service jobs don't always pay better than pink-collar jobs. There are any number of reasons.

WPD, sometimes I think you're putting us on.

If someone has knowledge of computers they shouldn't be anywhere near a dish washing room. Dishwashing jobs should only be for those who

have limited work experience
criminal background
highschool dropout

Old 06-26-2013, 05:17 PM

2,091 posts, read 6,255,803 times
Oh he's a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or