Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 02:40 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioqueen View Post
Target also does credit checks, so you will also need possibly an 800 credit score to round up carts.
I agree that that's inappropriate and should probably be illegal. It already is in a handful of states.

It's also a separate topic.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
To me it just seems like a lot of typing to wash some damm dishes
Quote:
Yes it's ridiculous to push some damm shopping carts you need to go through all that nonsense
Hello McFly, this is only what the unemployed have been saying. You put in 30 minutes to an hour for an application online and get NOTHING to show for it but wasted time and maybe a grey hair or two.

Quote:
If you know how to use a computer why were you applying for housekeeping and dish washing jobs since you could look into customer service or clerical jobs.
Because maybe just maybe that are the only gigs in town and they don't have the resources or ability to move unlike some people on C-D think.

Quote:
Target also does credit checks, so you will also need possibly an 800 credit score to round up carts.
Yeah that is a head scratchier. Sure many employees could do something that is stealing BUT the kicker is not all jobs allow for it. Cart catching for instance, you are outside most of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Any employee can cause losses to a company. Including dishwashers and stock clerks.
Dishwashers break plates, that eats up eventually. Stock clerks being slow may lose a big sale or two.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 PM

503 posts, read 1,172,257 times
Don't forget your family too. Have a cousin with an ex-husband that ended poorly? Chances are if he's got any power where he works, he'll remember the family and say "don't hire them, they're bad news."

Found this one out when I got rejected to be a cart corral guy for a department store.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:53 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,860,524 times
Quote:
Any employee can cause losses to a company. Including dishwashers and stock clerks.
^this. The #1 cause of shrink is internal theft, ie stealing, discount abuse, refund abuse, the obvious $ stealing, etcetcetc

Old 06-26-2013, 03:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times
Quote:
A person who is desperate for work and is willing to wash dishes would not know how to use a computer.
My very first job, when I was 15, was washing dishes at a local pizza restaurant (I then moved on to busboy and then pizza cook). This was 1985. I had a Commodore 64 and was hacking copy-protected discs of video games.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:15 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Well, the point of drug testing is to weed out applicants who have a history of drug use. It's called being proactive.

I really don't care if some 22yr old kid working at Target smokes a joint or has a beer after their shift, now if they're standing there in a stupor(for whatever reason) and can't make change, than yes that is a problem.

Quote:
That's ridiculous. And just add it to the list of the insane hoops that Target makes people go through. I was in Target on Super Bowl Sunday and they seemed to be short handed, so I asked the cashier(the only one open) what was going on. She said they were short 3 people, one called in sick and two were no shows.

So I said "oh the no shows must get fired for not calling in and not showing up", she said "oh only after a few times".

So I guess as long as you don't smoke pot and have good credit, showing up to work doesn't matter...LOL. To bad for us customers who had to wait on a long line, no doubt in my mind the Super Bowl had something to do with the lack of staff.

I think Target has some odd ways of doing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
Do you realize how big some of the stores are? They typically have have one security personnel watching multiple cameras at once (and sometimes the cameras only look at the store floor, not the stockroom). Someone shoplifting would have a very good chance of successfully stealing.
They have the cameras to review the tapes. If they suspect an employee is stealing they will get caught. They don't have to see it live if it is an employee. The reason they focus on store floor is they have to get the shoplifter at that moment, an employee who is stealing can be confronted after the fact.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:29 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Quote:
Some people who have expressed interest in dishwashing jobs and some of the ads I have come across requires you to complete a online application??? I mean someone who has a interest in being a dishwasher probably wouldn't have a computer at home or computer experience so to fill out a online application is beyond nuts.

clerical or customer service I can see but a job that does not require the use of a computer?? Now I can see how someone can turn to illegal ways of making money because for a dishwasher job you should just be able to fax a resume. You definitely didn't see ads like this in 1999.
How do I get your job friend because you post a lot during work hours on CD must be pretty cushy gov. job.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Really??? You'd be ok with someone who's high representing your company to the public as a cashier? Not to mention handling cash, credit cards, merchandise....
Why do you assume everyone that does drugs does them during work hours? While I don't, I know several in CO that have MMJ cards work white collar jobs making 60k and don't smoke MJ before work or even at work they do it a night when they aren't working.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,156,102 times
Quote:
If you know how to use a computer why were you applying for housekeeping and dish washing jobs since you could look into customer service or clerical jobs.
Now you're just being silly. Because customer service and clerical jobs are hard to get these days. Because some people would rather have a physical job than to sit at a desk all day. Because some people need work schedules that aren't 9-5. Because you often need a host of specialized computer skills (Powerpoint, etc) to get a clerical job. Because clerical/customer service jobs don't always pay better than pink-collar jobs. There are any number of reasons.

WPD, sometimes I think you're putting us on.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkInTheRoad View Post
Don't forget your family too. Have a cousin with an ex-husband that ended poorly? Chances are if he's got any power where he works, he'll remember the family and say "don't hire them, they're bad news."

Found this one out when I got rejected to be a cart corral guy for a department store.
I know the feeling my old co-worker and friend, his ex that hates him is the HM for a high tech sales co, I am guilty by association and will never be considered there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search