U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 06:37 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,047,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I am going through similar, but I am unemployed. I posted a thread about the slow hiring process.
It really is ridiculous.

Last wage job I had was 2 months from interview to start date. Then 3 weeks til my first pay check.
We ate ramen and peanut butter and could not drive anywhere to conserve the gas for driving to work, whenever that was going to start.

The way things are now is totally ineffective. I think the small businesses without the HR people are a faster hire and less BS.

They are totally out of touch with what job seekers are going through and could not care less.
In most places my pay is 2months behind. cheer up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 07:01 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
In most places my pay is 2months behind. cheer up

How did you allow yourself to stay at a job that long and not get paid?

Old 07-08-2013, 07:10 AM

2,120 posts, read 3,866,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
@OP
Unfortunately, you may have to cut your losses and continue your job search If you ever get into communications with them again (or in another situation similar to this), be FIRM, but polite about getting a timeline for a response. If they don't get back to you by then, inquire about it. If you get no response, then yeah, move along.
Why does the OP need to 'cut her losses?' How much does she have invested?

Keep trying to contact the company, and keep applying elsewhere. Delivering ultimatums will only get you one thing: rejected!

Just because this job is vitally important to the candidate, does not mean that it is the number one priority for the hiring manager. I know it's shocking, but things do come up.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:02 AM

2,710 posts, read 6,225,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allie_0408 View Post
Do I still count on hearing back from them? I really hope they're not bull****ting me. From my experience, it's been difficult to get any follow-ups from them. I just wish they would just straight-out tell me what's going on or if I'm no longer a candidate. It's better than just waiting around and still hoping to hear back.
Until you have a firm job offer, Never Just wait around. Continue to look for a job. If I'm reading this right, after the verbal you have the job, you stopped looking. As for writing them off, if you need a job, I wouldn't withdraw my application, but continue to look for employment elsewhere.

Maybe my views differ from others here, but I think a bad job is better than no job at all, unless you have considerable savings or are independently wealthy

Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,047,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
How did you allow yourself to stay at a job that long and not get paid?
Well, I still got income from the previous job since theyre 2months late We are expected to be solvent(?) in the 'expert level'. It was a pretty sad christmas on the first round tho. The issue here is I sometimes have layers of agents

Old 07-08-2013, 11:36 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Until you have a firm job offer, Never Just wait around. Continue to look for a job. If I'm reading this right, after the verbal you have the job, you stopped looking. As for writing them off, if you need a job, I wouldn't withdraw my application, but continue to look for employment elsewhere.

Maybe my views differ from others here, but I think a bad job is better than no job at all, unless you have considerable savings or are independently wealthy

I think it is so hard to continue looking for jobs once you get a verbal offer from a job you want. It was hard for me when I received a verbal offer and would just try and do other things to take my mind off of it until everything was finalized. But to restart the job search after a verbal offer from a job you want is so tough.

I can understand the OP frustration.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:48 PM

3,139 posts, read 3,510,190 times
Quote:
I think it is so hard to continue looking for jobs once you get a verbal offer from a job you want. It was hard for me when I received a verbal offer and would just try and do other things to take my mind off of it until everything was finalized. But to restart the job search after a verbal offer from a job you want is so tough.

I can understand the OP frustration.
Ditto to that! I am in the same boat.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Ditto to that! I am in the same boat.

Yeah it's like having one foot over the finish line_LOL Who the hell wants to start over and run the whole race over again.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM

3,139 posts, read 3,510,190 times
Quote:
Yeah it's like having one foot over the finish line_LOL Who the hell wants to start over and run the whole race over again.
Good way to put it!

Old 07-10-2013, 12:55 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Good way to put it!

As much as I wanted to seek other options it was hard when I wanted a job that also wanted me.

When that happens it is impossible to job hunt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or