U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:08 PM

44,988 posts, read 36,253,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
If you are a good match for what they have then you won't need to always call them
OK do it your way. I'm just describing what works in our market and at a busy staffing company. It's very possible for there to be SEVERAL applicants whose qualifications match a job opening. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,345,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK do it your way. I'm just describing what works in our market and at a busy staffing company. It's very possible for there to be SEVERAL applicants whose qualifications match a job opening. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

And that may work because they probably want to schedule a interview for someone right away out of the people who qualify for the opening and if you call then u probably get the interview.

I have a opening for a janitor on my desk and I will be scheduling interviews for it when I return to work on Tuesday and since i want to fill the slot right away, I put three names on the opening so whoever i call or talk to first gets the interview

Old 07-08-2013, 05:21 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,470,005 times
Quote:
I have a opening for a janitor on my desk and I will be scheduling interviews for it when I return to work on Tuesday and since i want to fill the slot right away, I put three names on the opening so whoever i call or talk to first gets the interview
I'm confused. You found a job opening which may suit one of three people who've come to the city agency you work for looking for employment. Why would only the first person you're able to reach be able to go for an interview with the employer? Why can't all three be interviewed? Do YOU contact the person hiring or do you just give the contact information to your "clients" and leave them to follow through?

Old 07-08-2013, 05:34 AM

187,012 posts, read 76,940,657 times
My wife works most of her job hours with a medical staffing agency that gets her off of her feet for so many hours a day doing home health. It all depends on the credentials and location and the needs of your field. Staffing's good point is it lets you try out a field before you decide to go into it. If you decide you don't like it there is no black mark for quitting a job.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I'm confused. You found a job opening which may suit one of three people who've come to the city agency you work for looking for employment. Why would only the first person you're able to reach be able to go for an interview with the employer? Why can't all three be interviewed? Do YOU contact the person hiring or do you just give the contact information to your "clients" and leave them to follow through?

If I get in touch all three of them then I will send them all but I want to atleast be able to send one of them instead of just having that position open without anyone to send to be interviewed.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:58 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,470,005 times
Quote:
If I get in touch all three of them then I will send them all but I want to atleast be able to send one of them instead of just having that position open without anyone to send to be interviewed.
That doesn't answer the question but never mind.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 AM

44,988 posts, read 36,253,688 times
Quote:
And that may work because they probably want to schedule a interview for someone right away out of the people who qualify for the opening and if you call then u probably get the interview.

You're pretty much proving my point, which was STAY IN TOUCH WITH YOUR STAFFING CONSULTANT.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You're pretty much proving my point, which was STAY IN TOUCH WITH YOUR STAFFING CONSULTANT.

I would say by email once a week on a Monday morning instead of calling. To me that maintains your appeal as a job applicant

Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 AM

280 posts, read 583,449 times
Is it easier to get work with a staffing company vs going the traditional route?

Old 07-10-2013, 12:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGravitas View Post
Is it easier to get work with a staffing company vs going the traditional route?

For some people yes but it depends on your background
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search