Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 09:06 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times

Advertisements

well i thought these were funny! AND TRUE!

The 6 Crappiest Interview Questions - The Oatmeal

The 10 Types of Crappy Interviewees - The Oatmeal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 05:30 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,068,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
First, I love The Oatmeal. Second, except for the manhole question, I got all of those on Wednesday.

Lastly, I'm the nervous twitcher. It's why I didn't want things in my hands. I'll play with it. LOL. That was awesome. I need to read more, I need a laugh right now.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:52 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,632 times
I sometimes ask the 'tell me about yourself' question so I have a few minutes to scan the resume. You could tell me you like to fart in your sleep and I wouldn't care.

Edit: Or I use that question to drag the interview out longer. Candidates get discouraged by interviews being cut short, even though studies have shown decisions are usually made within 5 minutes.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:18 PM

Psichick, I have to stop myself from fidgeting/playing with pens/etc too! I know it irritates people but I do it without realizing.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:20 PM

Oh and at the interviews for the job I just got, I got all of them in one form or another except for the brain teasers and "what is your greatest weakness" (which is seriously the worst!)

Old 07-13-2013, 07:02 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,842,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
Oh and at the interviews for the job I just got, I got all of them in one form or another except for the brain teasers and "what is your greatest weakness" (which is seriously the worst!)
I have yet to get a job based on stupid canned interview questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" and "why should I hire you?" I am horrible at those types of questions. The ONLY time I ever get an offer is if I am able to have a normal conversation with the interviewer.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:14 PM

382 posts, read 664,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
I have yet to get a job based on stupid canned interview questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" and "why should I hire you?" I am horrible at those types of questions. The ONLY time I ever get an offer is if I am able to have a normal conversation with the interviewer.
I guess some interviewers want those questions to esicilate into full bloom discussion. I have no clue of what's the point behind these typical questions.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:39 PM

501 posts, read 800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
+1. I really hate that they ask the same prepared questions and write your answers verbatim. Never get a call back from those. "Why should I hire you?" Because I am a better b*********r than the other candidates.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 PM

382 posts, read 664,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioqueen View Post
+1. I really hate that they ask the same prepared questions and write your answers verbatim. Never get a call back from those. "Why should I hire you?" Because I am a better b*********r than the other candidates.
Ofcourse everyone is going to say that and will stress it out to the extreme when they are unemployed.... Again, what's the point, I whether demonstrate my skills... Show them I am able to do the job...

Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 PM

501 posts, read 800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant_ZZZ View Post
Ofcourse everyone is going to say that and will stress it out to the extreme when they are unemployed.... Again, what's the point, I whether demonstrate my skills... Show them I am able to do the job...
Those questions and ridiculous assessments do not paint an accurate picture of whether or not a candidate is going to be a valuable employee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search