U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,826 posts, read 33,233,153 times

Advertisements

On the web site where you completed the online application, is there a section of the site where you can check the status of your applications for individual positions while logged in? Often this is the only way that candidates are notified now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 PM

874 posts, read 1,079,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
True, but I can't understand why they email me to see if I have any questions I do and then they don't reply is this normal for HR?
Yes.

From here, it depends on how badly you want the job and/or to work at that company. If you do, call. "Awkward" should go out the window if you really want something. It shows that you don't, if that's enough to deter you. Put your money where your mouth is.. that's the only way things happen in this world. Jobs don't knock on your door. (Although this one kind of did, the rest is still up to you.)

Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,260,223 times
So I just heard back, the guy from HR, told me to send my resume to the national recruiter for review ( gave me the info I need to contact them), mainly for the one position that I am unsure that I could get. This makes no sense.

The other position that I think have a better shot at they didn't even bring up

Why am I being redirected to the national recruiter? and why are they considering me for the one job that I am not as qualified for as compared to the other assistant level job which is better suited for me?

None of this makes sense to me.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
So I just heard back, the guy from HR, told me to send my resume to the national recruiter for review ( gave me the info I need to contact them), mainly for the one position that I am unsure that I could get. This makes no sense.

The other position that I think have a better shot at they didn't even bring up

Why am I being redirected to the national recruiter? and why are they considering me for the one job that I am not as qualified for as compared to the other assistant level job which is better suited for me?
Best guess? The job they won't discuss has probably been filled or is no longer being filled. They don't want you to lose interest, since they still might be able to make a commission if you get hired for the other job.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Best guess? The job they won't discuss has probably been filled or is no longer being filled. They don't want you to lose interest, since they still might be able to make a commission if you get hired for the other job.
There' no commission, it's all the within their own company. My Resume has been sent to the national recruiter and I was asked to forward my resume myself to this person. They did this for one of the jobs that I applied for, however it's the job that I don't think that I qualified for but they seem to be considering me

Generally speaking is this a good sign?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
There' no commission, it's all the within their own company. My Resume has been sent to the national recruiter and I was asked to forward my resume myself to this person. They did this for one of the jobs that I applied for, however it's the job that I don't think that I qualified for but they seem to be considering me
I wouldn't be so sure about the commission. Some companies outsource recruiting to freelancers, but they give them a company email account to make it transparent to the applicants.

I know someone who works for a company that does this with its recruiting.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about the commission. Some companies outsource recruiting to freelancers, but they give them a company email account to make it transparent to the applicants.

I know someone who works for a company that does this with its recruiting.
I looked these people up on LI, they have been with the company for years in various positions and moved on/up to HR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or