U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 03:02 PM

106 posts, read 146,045 times

Advertisements

I recently applied for a job at a company. This job is available in 2 locations that are ideal for me to commute to. Both positions were recent postings (at most they were posted 24 hours ago) on indeed. I applied to one using the indeed link. Then I got busy with other things.

Later on, I just went to the company's website and searched for the position. I found it and then applied through the website. It's the exact same job, at the exact same location as the indeed posting. However, after applying through the website, I looked at the website posting again and realized it hadn't been updated since May 24th.

My question is do you think all the applications for this position go to the same place/pile ? Or is nobody going to look at mine because the posting is from may 24th ? Should I reapply using the indeed link or will the hiring manager receive 2 resumes from me and think I'm crazy ? All speculation/who cares/calm down comments are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search