U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 01:44 PM

47 posts, read 178,426 times

Advertisements

Hi all

Hope you're doing great.

On 6/20 I had a great interview with a small start up. Everything went great and the interview was more a conversation than actual interview.

Later same afternoon I received below email.

Quote:
Hello Benjamin

Joe really enjoyed talking with you last week and we would love to bring you in for another interview.

The CEO's are out of the country until mid-July, and I am hoping you will still be available then to speak with them.

Please let me know if this would work for you.
I emailed them right away that I was still very interested and would e available when they got back in.

So, my question is. When is it okay to reach out to them? And how?

Or should I wait till say Friday morning and just be patient?

Benjamin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 PM

7,422 posts, read 13,718,175 times
i'd say it's mid-july, and something should have already been set up by now. you can send a quick note via e-mail saying that you're still very interested in interviewing and were wondering if they'd still like to set something up. make sure you're not sounding impatient or accusatory, the tone should basically just a be a friendly "hey what's up!" check-in.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:21 PM

Thanks.

Will this work?

Quote:
I wanted to follow up on our last conversation and see if Ben and Mark have safely returned from abroad. I would love to firm up a time to meet them as I have availability this week.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Old 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM

9,778 posts, read 16,990,740 times
To me, you are jumping the gun on their return and being pushy about meeting this week. I don't think you are past mid July until around the 20th and you are not going to be their #1 priority as soon as they get back to the U.S. They are not going to forget about you in a week. I would not contact them until Monday.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:03 PM

12,599 posts, read 15,066,993 times
I would follow-up with your email and get on their schedules. It's a start-up and having worked at 3 start-ups in the past, their schedules are hectic and things can get forgotten.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:22 PM

7,422 posts, read 13,718,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
To me, you are jumping the gun on their return and being pushy about meeting this week. I don't think you are past mid July until around the 20th and you are not going to be their #1 priority as soon as they get back to the U.S. They are not going to forget about you in a week. I would not contact them until Monday.
normally i'd agree with you, but that e-mail looks to me like "let's set something up after mid july", not "we'll be in touch with you after mid july". based on that e-mail, i'd expect something to be set up by now. the ceo's are obviously not scheduling themselves at this place so there's no reason that they have to be back in order for a date to be set for the interview.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM

Thanks all. Still not sure how to react. I will sleep on it and get back tomorrow.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM

I emailed them back this morning and a few hours later a got below reply.

Quote:
Hi Benjamin

You keep popping into my head. Sorry it has taken this long. They will be back next week. Let's set up a time for you to come in.

Maybe Thursday 7/25 or the following week?

Thanks,
I'm seeing them again next week

Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM

12,599 posts, read 15,066,993 times
There you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Olson View Post
I emailed them back this morning and a few hours later a got below reply.

I'm seeing them again next week

Old 07-16-2013, 04:25 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,928,415 times
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or