U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,070,465 times

Advertisements

Does it matter to you? You aren't helping me. So why bother wasting your time? Or do I have to find out what state you live in? As if it means anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM

27,317 posts, read 15,776,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
Post 23, and I do have remedies. But you can't tell a psychopath to stop being psycho.
Having remedies don't help if you keep them to yourself. I am sure you'd say that about some employers.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM

329 posts, read 398,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And the flip side (no pun intended) what if your area don't have "proper jobs" and all you have are the minimum wage jobs like retail and fast food. Also remember the longer you don't have a job (even if you are looking), you are more and more unemployable. It's a coin toss, lose money by spending it to get gas and to work or get unemployment and be unemployed for X number of weeks or months more.
well you move state, and if no good job, you leave usa and u get a job like 6 millions of usa citizen who work and live in a foreign country.

it s time for you to think worldwide and stop to think USA is the best. and stop thinking it s the only place to have jobs. it s not...

you been brainwashed by your TV. and government because they want you to pay tax and keep feeding the system with low paid job.

USA is now a country of emigrants , not immigrants... only fools move to usa.

and if you can not leave because you have a house, sell it.
if you can not move because you have wife, she can stay home ... many guys work on boats and come back every 3 months...

the key in success is to be flexible... not stay in the same town all your life. this is what you don't understand. you need to change your way of thinking. work rules have changes.. and USA will not be back like pre 2008 . now it s up to you... move out or stay and watch the collapse.

you speak English.? .. many countries would like to have you as a teacher or else...

Old 07-19-2013, 01:29 PM

27,317 posts, read 15,776,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapcharly View Post
well you move state, and if no good job, you leave usa and u get a job like 6 millions of usa citizen who work and live in a foreign country.

it s time for you to think worldwide and stop to think USA is the best. and thinking it s the only place to have jobs. it s not...

you been brainwashed by your TV. and government because they want you to pay tax and keep feeding the system with low paid job.

USA is now a country of emigrants , not immigrants... only fools move to usa.
There is some good point there but it is lost because what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading this thread is now dumber for having reading to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

In all seriousness, you are asking us to do what the emigrants are doing to the US but to other countries. #hypocrite

Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM

2,867 posts, read 2,986,639 times
I was talking with my parents and I notice that suggestions that they offer such as going to job fairs are out dated and irrelevant

Perhaps your parents have NOT been out looking for a job for some time. Don't blame them. It worked in their time.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM

329 posts, read 398,995 times
no. in fact I left...

when I see how bad it is now in the usa .. i took a plane and went back home.
my country will be happy to have some of you. we need people speaking English. so why you don't come here?

really you must look everywhere... not only in the usa...

i see plenty of USA guys even young guys working in Asia, or Europe. they all make money and have a nice life... i know a guy he works in 3 different countries... change every 6.months. he got not college degree, but he has experience at teaching... he loves his job and life style.

so why you don't do the same?
nobody will come near your house and create a big factory with plenty of well paid jobs for you.

it could happen, but I doubt . it s up to you to move...

i traveled 8000 miles for a job... how far are you ready to move.... 1 hour drive? uh?

Last edited by cheapcharly; 07-19-2013 at 01:40 PM..

Old 07-19-2013, 01:32 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,656,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I was talking with my parents and I notice that suggestions that they offer such as going to job fairs are out dated and irrelevant

Perhaps your parents have NOT been out looking for a job for some time. Don't blame them. It worked in their time.
This happens far too often on this forum as well. People post comments who have clearly been out of the job hunt for quite some time.

I guess that's what you get with a public forum. There are no rules against ignorance in the TOS.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:34 PM

6,984 posts, read 3,997,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I was talking with my parents and I notice that suggestions that they offer such as going to job fairs are out dated and irrelevant. I want to know why is it that many people do not have a clue either how tough it is to be looking for work, the new processes and/or the way companies handle the processes. As I said to them, with my experience in retail and getting a customer service degree I should not "fail" a retail assessment (and yes I did just strongly agree/disagree except one in that portion.)
I don't think their suggestions are outdated and irrelevant. And I was laid after my company shut down in 2010, it took me a couple months to get a job, but I did get one. Yes, you usually do apply to jobs online anymore. Many still do take resume's. (Actually, I got a job in 2010 worked for the company for a year,
I didn't like it or the hours, so applied and got another job 2 years ago, that is working out much better.
I know that decent jobs are hard to find out there, especially if you don't possess a degree...but if you hang in their, you will eventually find your niche.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM

827 posts, read 943,655 times
Quote:
no. in fact I left...

when I see how bad it is now in the usa .. i took a plane and went back home.
my country will be happy to have some of you. we need people speaking English. so why you don't come here?
I'm not interested in working for Toblerone or in a cuckoo clock factory.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:43 PM

24,671 posts, read 58,410,008 times
Quote:
no. in fact I left...
So you turned in your green card and went back home. Ergo, since life is so much better for you now why are you so obsessive about finding every possible thread you can on different forums to knock the USA? You've broadcast your opinion far and wide. Don't you think it's time to give it a rest and apply yourself to more important issues now you've made your move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search