U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,254,818 times

Advertisements

When you resume is sent to the national recruiter whom I assume is the hiring manager after it passes through the first HR person... typically how long does it take to hear back?

And if they are going to reject you do they usually send a rejection letter/email? My resume has been sent to this person for 11 days or so and so far I have heard nothing either way, nothing good nothing bad

How long until I contact them again? maybe send them an update resume to get them to notice me and hopefully I'll hear something back?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,837,594 times
Don't wait for an answer and don't put your job search on hold.

A nice polite e-mail wouldn't hurt; neither would a phone call.

Do it today or tomorrow and if you don't hear back by Friday......remove it from your brain.

For your sanity.....

Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
When you resume is sent to the national recruiter whom I assume is the hiring manager after it passes through the first HR person... typically how long does it take to hear back?

And if they are going to reject you do they usually send a rejection letter/email? My resume has been sent to this person for 11 days or so and so far I have heard nothing either way, nothing good nothing bad

How long until I contact them again? maybe send them an update resume to get them to notice me and hopefully I'll hear something back?

I don't think you need to contact them if you don't get a response because either the person didn't think you were a good fit or the job is not real.

And from experience if someone receives your resume and wants to set up a interview it's usually within a two week time frame.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Don't wait for an answer and don't put your job search on hold.

A nice polite e-mail wouldn't hurt; neither would a phone call.

Do it today or tomorrow and if you don't hear back by Friday......remove it from your brain.

For your sanity.....
Yes it is driving me nuts, but it took 3 weeks for the first internal recruiter to contact me and then another 10 days for them to tell me they were sending my resume to the national recruiter? so it could be too soon to contact them. but still i should either way right? or do they leave people just hanging here, I should hope HR at this point will send a rejection if they say so. My setting on the taleo have it set up to get a rejection letter and so far nothing.

I hate this waiting

Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I don't think you need to contact them if you don't get a response because either the person didn't think you were a good fit or the job is not real.

And from experience if someone receives your resume and wants to set up a interview it's usually within a two week time frame.
It took 3 weeks for them to contact me initially and 10 days after that to tell me there we're sending my resume to the senior recruiter person.

What if they are collecting resumes and the job isn't open or they don't know what their staffing needs are. This job has been posted for forever and never seems to be closed

Old 07-22-2013, 01:59 PM

24,671 posts, read 58,350,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
This situation hardly fits into your "the job isn't real" category. if you read the OP's post properly you'll see that this application is already at stage 2. However, OP, I agree with YAZ's response and suggestion. Good luck!

Old 07-22-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
This situation hardly fits into your "the job isn't real" category. if you read the OP's post properly you'll see that this application is already at stage 2. However, OP, I agree with YAZ's response and suggestion. Good luck!
Agreed and good point, however in this stage 2 is the next step a phone interview or in person? I hope in person because this place is only 20 mins away. I would do a better job in person than on the phone

Old 07-22-2013, 02:33 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Quote:
It took 3 weeks for them to contact me initially and 10 days after that to tell me there we're sending my resume to the senior recruiter person.

What if they are collecting resumes and the job isn't open or they don't know what their staffing needs are. This job has been posted for forever and never seems to be closed
\

Oh I didn't see where you stated that you received contact from the initial submission of the resume. Well in that case I would follow up with email first in the late evening so they will get the email first thing in the morning and then a phone call if you don't hear anything after emailing.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:40 PM

8,929 posts, read 8,390,690 times
Quote:
Agreed and good point, however in this stage 2 is the next step a phone interview or in person? I hope in person because this place is only 20 mins away. I would do a better job in person than on the phone
There is no real answer to your question.

Some companies have a set recruitment period for jobs, where they will accept applications for two weeks, or a month, then look at all of them.

Other companies will call people as they see candidates that they like.

Some companies setup phone interviews first, others like in person.

Listen to the other posters. One polite followup by phone or email, then move on.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 PM

I sent a follow up email I hope hear something soon. If the first recruiter said that the national one will follow up if there is a match I hope that means the job is real and they are actually looking , I don't want to be waiting forever for it to open up before they start interviewing applicants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or