U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 05:21 PM

27 posts, read 24,226 times

Advertisements

Since I posted my resume back in January, I get those all the time, but they all end up going automatically into my spam folder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 10:46 AM

8,797 posts, read 13,284,781 times
My junk email is always full of such scams. They are very prevalent and prolific. They all read the same generic/poor description, light qualifications, big salary.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,572 times
I was scammed the same way by Bornholm Logistics
Mod cut.
They look real, and call you like they are real however you will never get any information to reach them cause their number and address are fake. I recommend that you make sure you can reach someone, and also verify their address like I did.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-23-2015 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Link deleted.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,514 times
I keep receiving the similar emails from Package Logistics Inc.. every other month with a same details:

Why our business exists:
We offer our services to residents of different countries who want to buy and sell at Internet stores servicing the United States, European Union and Canada, but find it difficult because of shipping restrictions and complicated transactions.
As a result, thousands of people cannot easily access the huge market with high quality products at low prices, that America and the European countries have created.
Our company's service makes buying and selling easy and possible with street addresses that can be legally used for shipping purposes.
Much like you have a friend or relative in United States or European Union, our Product Forwarding Contractors residing in these countries inspect and repackage the contents, fix the boxes and forward the packages of merchandise bought or sold on the Internet to customers in final destination countries. Also we provide guarantees and insurance service.
That is why we contract with people like you for parcel and mail forwarding. Also, we will need smart, responsible people who can be trained for management positions.
Products usually shipped through our service:
- Luxury items such as watches and jewelry
- Sport equipment
- Small electronics such as laptops, cameras, cell phones, tablets, GPS, PC components, etc.
- Clothing, shoes, handbags etc.
- Small auto parts
IMPORTANT: We never offer to ship illegal or restricted for export or import materials and technologies.
All parcels are compact enough to be processed within the room of a regular-sized house.
Each address you will ship packages to - is our sorting facility. The packages are being shipped to our customers, but you don't see their names and addresses on shipping labels. The package is being inspected and re-shipped further after it arrives at our facility.
We have several types of customers.
1. - Some of them are residents of different countries - they buy products online for themselves and use our service to.
2. - some of them are residents of United States, but they live outside of the US and use our service to receive their personal correspondence, financial correspondence like bills or invoices and buy products online.
3. - Some of our customers are sellers, who trade through our system. Usually they live in US, Canada and European Union and sell goods to their clients in different countries.

Important note: There are no start-up fees, investment or other costs related to this position.

Salary and bonuses:
-Your base monthly salary is $2500.00;
-One Package reshipping: $25.00. If you ship 2 packages combined into one box - you get paid for 2 packages. If you ship the contents of one box repackaged separately in 2 parcels - you get paid for 2 packages;
-Envelope reshipping: $10.00;
-Storing of packages (If it was our fault): $10.00 per parcel for each 5-day period;

I am glad I found this forum, thank you all for sharing your experiences.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:08 AM

367 posts, read 318,630 times
So they ship the item to you, and then you ship it back to them.
Some scams are well thought out. This one, not exactly.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:58 AM

734 posts, read 820,620 times
I get a lot of these. I just delete them and keep it moving.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:05 AM

2,563 posts, read 2,925,354 times
Unfortunately these scams are dreadfully common and have been a around a long time. If you are job hunting and the job description sounds too good to be true, ignore and move on.

Whatever the job scam may entail it is usually a form of advance fee fraud where if you deal with any of them, you will get burned. They will send you bad checks or money orders that are falsified. If you attempt to deposit them, you end up being charged for the amount they send you and more.

If this thread (or some of the similar ones) would save at least one person from being conned, then it is well worth repeating.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:13 AM

2,492 posts, read 2,368,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
So they ship the item to you, and then you ship it back to them.
Some scams are well thought out. This one, not exactly.
They have Amazon or whatever business ship it to you. You then mail it to their warehouse. The stuff is paid for with stolen credit cards. Essentially you are getting paid to receive stolen goods. They are receiving a package from you and they are off the hook. You are the fall guy.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,798 times
I just got this in my Email ; "Dear Martin Tress ,

Congratulations! You are accepted for the position Logistic Manager with LW Company.

LW Company has been providing shipping order services for more than two years in the United States. We now work with most known US retailers and set up delivery services for European clients who wish to buy overseas products.

Your duties: management of distribution operations, quality control, cooperative work with Support Services, processing of goods on receipt: checking the quality of the goods, packaging and dispatch to schedule.

Type of work: Home - Based Position
PAY RATE: $1840 per month (paid at the end of the first month) $2790 per month (paid weekly after the first month);
- Bonuses;
- Free training along with competent support of team members;
- Benefits: flexible hours, paid time-off (after 6 months).

If you are willing to accept our offer, please fill in the data and send us an email with the following information below:
1) First Name:* 2) Last Name:* 3)Cell Number:*

Thereafter our HR representatives will contact you shortly.

Yours sincerely,
LW Company

Notice- They requested my name & cell. Then no Actual Company name "LW"...Here's the email address given- [email]karen@thompson-email.org[/email]

This Email stinks of Bull****..Thanks for reading Martin

Old 11-09-2015, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 2,798 times
Please pass on the warning..thanks Martin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search