Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:52 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times

Advertisements

The first thing that would tip me off would be that I didn't apply for the job...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 12:07 PM

162 posts, read 202,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamemail View Post
I have received an email from Brian Hollin and Allen Gilmore offering me a job as Logistics Manager with Global Logistics Express. My job would be to receive and then resend packages. It pays $1,800 per month. All of the packages would be sent overseas. The scam goes like this. They buy stuff from Amazon and Ebay with stolen credit card numbers. They send the packages to you and then you send them on overseas. It will be a short time before a Law Enforcement Officer shows up at your door with handcuffs to take you to jail. I understand these type email have been going out under different company names since June, 2012. Lucky I did some research before I jumped in. I guess several of these scamers have devised an application you have to fill out which includes personal information including your Social Security Number. Making you a double victim of this fraud.
This is a huge scam. You can be criminally prosecuted for this.

They basically use stolen credit card information to place orders online and ship them to your house. You then ship out the items purchased with a stolen credit card overseas where the US legal system can not do anything about. You are basically a middle men trafficking stolen items and don't even know it.

Stay away from these like your life depends on it. Because it will get you thrown in prison even though you had no idea what you were doing was illegal.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:24 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,763,629 times
Yeah, if it sounds too good to be true, stay the hell away.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,639 times
Is there any problem they have my mailing addresses what can I do they they take by Interviwe while I didn't fell from is there any one who advice me what I have to do to stop it

Old 12-01-2015, 10:24 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,763,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelmarch12 View Post
Is there any problem they have my mailing addresses what can I do they they take by Interviwe while I didn't fell from is there any one who advice me what I have to do to stop it
Did you receive anything from them?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,596 times
Default Global Logistics Transportation Network (New York) Co., LLC. - Hiring Logistics Manager

Unfortunately, I have just began week three and I have been asked to take on a part-time project. Using my credit card, paying it off, and purchasing electronics and sending it to Europe. I also had the phone interview from Denmark???n I cannot find anything in regards to them being legitimate. Here is my first contact:
I am writing to thank you for your interest in the position of Project Manager with Global Logistics TN.
First of all, I’ll tell you something about the company and what we do, and then I’ll give you further details
about the position on offer. We also encourage you to visit our website to learn more about
who we are and what we do: [url=http://globallogisticstn.com]Global Logistics Transportation Network Co. 2015[/url].
Global Logistics TN is a fast growing, privately run European (Copenhagen-based) logistics company.
Our comprehensive range of logistics services includes transportation via air, sea and land; warehousing and
supply chain management. We currently have a total of more than 1000 employees distributed between our offices
in Europe, China and the U.S.A. We hope to increase our presence in WI with your help.
INDUSTRY: Logistics & Transportation.
LOCATION: Headquartered in Copenhagen, expanding within the United States and Canada.
FOUNDED: 2008.
VISION STATEMENT: To provide the best possible logistics services at reasonable prices by focusing on our customers’ needs.
MISSION STATEMENT: To increase the efficiency of freight management by introducing innovative, cost-effective logistics solutions.
POSITION: Project Manager (ref. num: 1354)
JOB DESCRIPTION:
• DEVELOPING GOALS: the project manager must ensure that realistic goals are set for all departments involved in a project;
• PLANNING: the project manager is responsible for drafting plans detailing how the work will be carried out;
• MONITORING: the project manager is responsible for monitoring and reporting on progress made throughout the project;
• CLOSING: on completion of the project, the project manager should request feedback on the work carried out.
SALARY (FIXED): $90,000.00 annually
POSITION: Full-time, Permanent
BENEFITS: medical insurance, 401k, 15 days paid vacation, sick leave, federal holidays, and bonuses
TRAVEL: local trips, 2-3 days/month (in-state only)
WORKING HOURS: 9am-5pm, local time
TRAINING PROGRAM: paid, $1,500-3,000
TRAINING PROGRAM DETAILS: a 4-week online training course based on the reading of 4 study packs (one per day, Monday through
Thursday) followed, every Friday, by a short test to assess understanding of the study materials.
Training takes no more than 30 minutes a day, so it shouldn’t interfere with any of your other activities.
At the end of the 4th week, you’ll receive a paycheck for $1,500 or $3,000, depending on the results of your final test. If you
pass, you’ll be invited to the second stage of the training.
The second stage, which is one week in length, is held in our offices. Stage 2 includes a brief introductory course, a final
interview and negotiation of your contract. The company will cover all your expenses for the duration of the course.
Please let me know ASAP if you’re interested in attending the second stage, and I’ll forward you the full details with
instructions on how to apply.
Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Here is the first step in the project:
Terri, good news – you’ve got the part-time project. The job basically
involves the following 2 steps.
Step 1: transfer PO (Purchase Order) money FROM Global Logistics account TO your credit card;
Step 2: procure, purchase and ship PO equipment in accordance with a detailed
list of specifications.
Please find the manual for Step 1 attached. This explains how to apply for the funds
you’ll be using to purchase the equipment. Read it carefully, and let me know if you have
any questions. Throughout the project, you will first receive the payment and only then you
will process the purchase order. I’ll be sending the Global Logistics account details later today
along with the instructions and list of specifications from the Supply Department. I’ll also
be sending the final part of your instructions. In the meantime, please read through the manual
carefully and familiarize yourself with the procedure. I’ve attached samples from two banks,
but the procedure is the same for all the major banks.
Please note: You WILL NOT be required to use any of your own money or share your personal
information (account numbers) on this project. As soon as you confirm that you understand
the procedure, I’ll forward you the Global Logistics bank details and the equipment specs list.
Thank you,

I hope this helps.....

Old 02-04-2016, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,074 times
I also received this email From Global Logistics Transportation Network LLC. offering money after 5 weeks of training after the training each week i would get an email saying you did excellent on the finals. Then after the 3rd week of test they ask if you want to do Pt work while you wait. I got suspicious when they asked for a credit card to fund the part time money to so I can go and buy office equipment to be mailed to the new office in New York. They never responded after I started asking questions.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,074 times
Even if they would send a check I wouldn't cash it . We would be responsible for the money.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,516 times
What happen if you already fill out the i9 with your ss number. But have not start the job yet. Do they still able to going into your personal credit card and bank account?

Old 03-03-2016, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,020 times
there is a new scam same as some that are already posted but the company name is First Resolutions Logistics they offer you pay to ship stuff around the globe they seem great for the first 3 weeks then you never here back from them you have a title and all you are a Logistics Manager salary 3350 per month but its a scam !!!!!

Thanks Geno
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search