U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 11:50 AM

8,788 posts, read 13,277,872 times

Advertisements

My spam folder is full of such scams. There are way too many out there to name and they change names constantly. That is what happens when you post your resume on a web board. Always use a spam bait email account if you feel you have to at all. Otherwise you will get flooded with scams, temp agencies, insurance/MLM, and for-profit colleges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,575 times
Yep - add Nordstrom Logistics to your list. All these things run through a "virtual office" with a NYC Park Avenue address (often the home address in another country is virtual as well) and a phone number that leads you nowhere.

Also, if you run a "whois" inquiry on the website, you discover that it's hosted in the Ukraine - another obvious red flag.

Fortunately, I didn't send any banking, credit, or SS# info, but they did already have my name and address from my CV which was posted on various industry job boards.

Thanks, everyone, for the wisdom and warnings! Like many have you already said - if it's too good to be true, it probably is!

Last edited by RikDanger; 03-15-2016 at 11:27 AM..

Old 03-22-2016, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,545 times
I have been reading all of your emails and I passed on one from Global Logistics, but then I got this email for a company that actually has a website and everything. What do ya'll think?

Aspire TN has an opening for a Project Manager (PM-USA/87374), and I'd appreciate your input on candidates or sources for this role. Please find additional information about the employer and the position below.

Based in London, Aspire TN provides logistics and warehousing services throughout Europe and Asia and is currently making its services available on the North American market. The companyís New York office has been operating since January 2016.
With assets exceeding $1.1 billion, Aspire TN has more than 10 yearsí experience of providing customized transportation and logistics solutions to meet the specific needs of its clients. We specialize in logistics solutions across the globe in the construction and capital goods sectors. For more information, visit our website at [url=http://aspiretn.com/]Aspire Transportation Network Co. 2016[/url]

Job Description:
The Project Manager (PM-USA/87374) will oversee a team of four Project Coordinators and two analysts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, supporting and coordinating the timely, cost-efficient execution of projects both in logistics and as part of the broader business agenda in his or her state.

Job description:
- A permanent full-time position
- Base salary $90,000/year
- Benefits and bonuses (14 daysí paid vacation, health insurance, 401k plan).
- In-state travel, no more than 2 days per month, daytime only
- Online Training Program (salaried, $2,000-$4,000, free of charge for applicants)
- Possibility of working from home (if you live more than 30 miles from the nearest office)
- Office in New York City, NY or in your state (exact location will be announced in April)

Responsibilities:
- Supervising the activities of international carriers and logistics intermediaries
- Ensuring compliance with international as well as U.S. import/export rules and regulations
- Assessing the trade-offs between transportation costs, inventory costs, and levels of service
- Processing orders
- Organizing the dispatch and delivery of goods

What we expect from you:
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills
- Knowledge of international commerce/international banking procedures, sales and payment terms,
customs regulations and international supply chain systems;
- Excellent negotiating and communications skills, ability to multi-task;

We also invite you to join our online training program. The course, developed by our Training Department in conjunction with Customer Support and Operations Department, covers all the essential aspects of the job. Training is carried out remotely, so you donít have to attend any physical classes and it wonít interfere with your current activities or commitments.
Training sessions will familiarize you with the rules and regulations of transportation. By the end of the training period you will not only be able to meet the company's internal requirements but you will also have a much broader understanding of import/export operations and the terms and restrictions of international shipping as a whole.

If youíre interested in the position, please let me know as soon as possible. And, feel free to share this vacancy with people in your network.

Thank you for your consideration.

Felicia Brown, Human Resources (646) 257-2503 Aspire Transportation Network (USA) Co., LTD.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
The information contained in this email message is being transmitted to and is intended for the use of only the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately delete.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,528 times
Default Logistic Manager Scam

SCAM DO NOT FALL FOR THIS I JUST RECEIVED IT
We are addressing you to offer the position of Logistics Manager at our Company you applied for at CareerBuilder. Upon getting familiar with your resume and assessing your qualifications, we found you to be appropriate for this place.

To learn more about the job we are offering, please take a look at the next section:

Vacancy specs:

Job type: full-time
Work hours: up to 42 hr weekly

Responsibilities:
* Assisting clients in shipping issues
* Carrying parcels weighing at 2-30 lbs maximum 20-30 packages per month
* Listing incoming mail and shipping the inventory to customer.

An ideal applicant must be:
* Familiar with household devices
* Competent at computers
* Well-versed in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader
* Experienced in USPS or FedEx system
* In good health

COMPENSATION:

For this work you'll receive $5 for each shipped item. Within 40 days you'll receive $5 for each item and after 40 days you'll receive full salary $2500. First payment will be after you shipped four packages $20 - 4 packages and next every four shipped packages.

If you are still willing to try your hand at this position and possess all necessary skills, donít hesitate to reach our HR manager by simply replying to this email. Once we hear from you, we will get in touch with you via any means of communication of your choice to schedule an appointment.his notification as well;

Old 04-29-2016, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,351 times
Alpine Transportation Network. Offices in London, Brian Miniard based out of New York, NY I wasted 3 weeks of my life studying for tests, not applying for new jobs. He sent me a PO and asked me to buy 7k worth of apple laptops with my credit card, then I would be refunded. Only 2 weeks into my supposedly 5 weeks of training. They have mad skills too, Human resource questionnaire, actual calls from London Promising 100k a year w 100% health insurance. BEWARE

Old 05-03-2016, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,331 times
Scam.Brian Miniard also has a chain for Aspire TN, as mentioned above I went through 5 weeks of training even showed him these post about the scam he assured me it wasn't him. Just like you said calls from London. Yes, they are skilled. The question is what's the point in wasting someone's time?

Old 05-03-2016, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,318 times
Brian Miniard Wasted 5 weeks of my life and cost me a job that I was offered thinking his opportunity was legit. This guy needs to be arrested.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:19 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,854,906 times
Folks, if the company doesn't invite you for an interview, doesn't reveal the full information regarding their company or the job description is too vague, it's a scam. Also, don't fall for text message job scams.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,286 times
Another scam company, with similar tactics to those listed by others: AGM Logistic LTD, Nigeria

Old 05-12-2016, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,277 times
I received an email from EH Company for a logistics supervisor position making 2200-3300 per month all work is done at home. Only asked for my name and cell number. But there was no info to contact them. Anyone else seen this before??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search