U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 10:52 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,923,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetashoney70 View Post
I received an email from EH Company for a logistics supervisor position making 2200-3300 per month all work is done at home. Only asked for my name and cell number. But there was no info to contact them. Anyone else seen this before??
If it sound too good to be true, then it is a scam. Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 10:29 AM

3 posts, read 6,970 times
I didn't know Aspire TN was a scam. I failed for it. Usually, they all go to my spam folder. Must have seen my resume on indeed or careerbuilder. I thought it was legit. Didn't ask for personal information. I know I wasted time. He sent me a PO and asked me to buy 6,154 worth of gift cards with my credit card. I thought it would be okay since I was sent a checking account info and I was using their money. I bought $2,154 worth of gift cards. Is there anyway I can get assistance with this situation or get a refund from this scam.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:10 AM

8,929 posts, read 8,394,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokies1 View Post
I didn't know Aspire TN was a scam. I failed for it. Usually, they all go to my spam folder. Must have seen my resume on indeed or careerbuilder. I thought it was legit. Didn't ask for personal information. I know I wasted time. He sent me a PO and asked me to buy 6,154 worth of gift cards with my credit card. I thought it would be okay since I was sent a checking account info and I was using their money. I bought $2,154 worth of gift cards. Is there anyway I can get assistance with this situation or get a refund from this scam.
I doubt it. The people at the other end are usually in other countries. Good luck in trying to get satisfaction from the Nigerian or Chechnyan court system

You are out $2154.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:57 AM

Default Aspire TN

They really had me fooled. Told me the main headquarters were in London and even had an office in New York. I wish I could get my money back on the apple gift cards. I even dealt with human resources. I see other people have saw the job posting. This really did damage to my credit card.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:53 PM

Does anyone know if Aspire Transportation Network /Brian Miniard has been reported?

Old 06-02-2016, 05:17 PM

506 posts, read 267,624 times
Even if Aspire has been reported, it will simply re-appear under a different name.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,294 times
BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!! Nordstrom Logistics (New York) Co is a SCAM!!!!!!
This is the email received from Andrew B. Fleming and Dana Muse offering the job!
Thank you for your interest in the Project Manager position and in our training program.
We are interested in ?? area, mainly because of companies like Home Depot Inc., The Coca-Cola Company and a number of others located in that area. This area is very important for our future. In your case, the office will be in(state) – it’s due to open in (month). You won’t have to relocate. You can either work from our nearest branch or from home. When the exact location is announced later this month, you’ll be one of the first to know. If you choose to work from home, we’ll provide everything you need including laptop, scanner, printer and phone – and we’ll cover all related expenses.
To apply, please fill out the attached Questionnaire and Pre-employment Agreement and return them via email within two business days. If you still have any questions we’d be happy to phone you for a chat at a time that suits you – just let us know in your email.
TRAINING DETAILS: The next training session starts on the ????? and lasts 5 weeks. The first 4 weeks are devoted to daily studies with a weekly test on Fridays, and the 5th week is reserved for the final test. For the next 4 weeks, you will be receiving one study pack in your email every morning, Monday through Friday. The Friday pack will also include a short test to assess your understanding of what you studied during the week. Highest scoring trainees will be invited to take part in part-time projects, for which they will be paid. Paychecks will be sent out after you’ve completed the 4th test and before taking the final one. All trainees receive $2,000 as remuneration for their time and effort. Please note: getting an above average test score can double this amount.
If you pass successfully through the first stage, you’ll be invited to take part in the second. The second stage takes place in New York and features a week-long course of instruction followed by a final interview. We cover all expenses, including travel, food and accommodation. Your full-time engagement will begin after you’ve completed both stages of the training. The full-time contract will be a W2 – the training period is covered by a 1099.
APPLICATION: A copy of the pre-contract agreement (valid for 5 weeks of the training) and the questionnaire are attached.
Please fill in the application forms and send them back to me as soon as possible. The Training Department would also like to conduct a telephone interview.
I’ll sort out the timing for that as soon you send me your papers.

Best regards,

DELETE THIS EMAIL IMMEDIATELY IF YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2016, 07:31 AM

435 posts, read 332,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't understand how people think a stranger can actually be offering them a job or business opportunity with no prior contact or communication?

Lol exactly. The sad thing is people are desperate for jobs and these scammers try and take advantage of them.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,224 times
This company is now going under the name sunny valley company, the website is sv-panel.com, it is still up they do not realize that I knew this was a scam from the beginning. I have been in contact with my local police department. I think I may need to go higher up not sure who to call. I have two of their packages in my possession. I never gave them any personal information. I requested a paper check.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 10,425 times
did they send u the check
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search