U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 18,291 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and I want to start by sharing my thoughts and observations about two websites that allow people to submit employer reviews: Indeed.com and Glassdoor.com. After that, I'll ask you about your thoughts regarding Indeed, Glassdoor, and other similar sites.

I posted an employer review on Indeed, read a message stating that up to 48 hours could pass before my review is posted, and after about 48 hours, I saw my review on Indeed and noticed only two differences between it and my original submission: The first letter of the first word under both the Pros and Cons sections were lowercase, but they were capitalized when I submitted my review. I'm okay with this difference, but what I disliked was the lack of communication from Indeed between when I submitted my review and when it was posted. I didn't know if someone was reading my review or whether or not I would get an email if my review were rejected. I understand that no one at Indeed is obligated to voluntarily update me about its review-screening progress, but I also didn't see an option to contact Indeed about my review.

Regarding Glassdoor, I saw four main entries after I provided the employer information: Title of your review, Pros, Cons, and Advice to Management. Because my review contained no advice to management and I saw no entry box for my review, I didn't submit it.

Here's one more paragraph about my thoughts and observations, and then I'll ask my questions: I read on Indeed that editing a review isn't an option; instead, a poster must contact customer support to request a post deletion, and then this poster would need to submit a new review. About Glassdoor, I've read allegations about people's reviews not being posted or being removed.

Here are my questions:
1. If you've used Indeed, Glassdoor, or other similar sites to submit an employer review, were you satisfied with the experience(s)?
2. If not, could you let me know of your dissatisfactions and if you've been dissatisfied with other similar sites?
3. I'm thinking about starting a non-profit website dedicated to employer reviews. If I'm willing to work with each person to submit any employer review (within certain guidelines such as censoring profanity, e.g. "f***" instead of the actual word) by doing things such as keeping posters updated about review screenings and granting review-editing requests, would you consider submitting a review on my site?

I welcome any questions.

Regards,
SB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 03:00 PM

874 posts, read 1,078,543 times
1. If you've used Indeed, Glassdoor, or other similar sites to submit an employer review, were you satisfied with the experience(s)?

No.

2. If not, could you let me know of your dissatisfactions and if you've been dissatisfied with other similar sites?

Incorrect data. GlassDoor is based on the premise that you must submit information in order to access [most of] the site. This leads people to hastily leave salaries or reviews that may not be entirely true, if at all.

3. I'm thinking about starting a non-profit website dedicated to employer reviews. If I'm willing to work with each person to submit any employer review (within certain guidelines such as censoring profanity, e.g. "f***" instead of the actual word) by doing things such as keeping posters updated about review screenings and granting review-editing requests, would you consider submitting a review on my site?

Good luck.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideworld View Post

Incorrect data. GlassDoor is based on the premise that you must submit information in order to access [most of] the site. This leads people to hastily leave salaries or reviews that may not be entirely true, if at all.

So one reason that people would hastily submit inaccurate or false information is that doing so would earn them access to other site features. If I could reduce this type of reaction by focusing my site to provide only employer reviews, would you be interested in submitting a review on my site?

Last edited by ShoopBoop; 08-01-2013 at 05:03 PM..

Old 07-01-2014, 01:43 PM

At City-Data's request, I'm updating this thread: Hi mod(s), could you please close this thread or let me know how I can close it? I've moved on to other projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search