Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

CareerBuilder always seemed to be a overlooked site for job hunting because it really has tons of job postings and the applying process is so simple. Once you upload a resume on the site it's all about clicking a button for any job that you are looking for. And 90% of the time you won't be transferred to the company website like you are on monster.com. Plus you will sometimes have the option of seeing the fax number on the job posting which is another good reason why this is a underrated site. Not only that even if you don't have a saved resume on their site you have the option of uploading a resume that is saved on your computer and can still apply to the job.

I plan to mention all of this tomorrow in my job club so that they can start applying more and not have to deal with the aggravation of applying online.

How many people agree that Careerbuilder is a good site for job seeking that seems to be overlooked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 08:09 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,433,402 times
I think it is good but not sure why you describe it as overlooked or underrated.

I still think indeed is the best.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
It's not overlooked at all. Careerbuilder is one of the most used job search sites, besides monster and indeed.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
I think it is good but not sure why you describe it as overlooked or underrated.

I still think indeed is the best.

My issue with indeed is that some of the job postings are outdated. But in regards to Careerbuilder it seems to not be mentioned as much as monster, craigslist, and indeed.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:21 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I plan to mention all of this tomorrow in my job club so that they can start applying more and not have to deal with the aggravation of applying online.
In most cases it's wise not to counsel people seeking advice unless you really do know what you're talking about, and even more so in a professional environment. That is unless you preface your advice with, "in my experience ..." or, "I have heard that ...".

Your natural tendency (if your forum contributions are a true indicator) is to present everything as an absolute fact as opposed to an opinion and all too often based on one mere experience. For that reason I suggest you bide your time before leaping into this "job club" with new information to impart to your "clients".

Old 08-06-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
In most cases it's wise not to counsel people seeking advice unless you really do know what you're talking about, and even more so in a professional environment. That is unless you preface your advice with, "in my experience ..." or, "I have heard that ...".

Your natural tendency (if your forum contributions are a true indicator) is to present everything as an absolute fact as opposed to an opinion and all too often based on one mere experience. For that reason I suggest you bide your time before leaping into this "job club" with new information to impart to your "clients".

I believe it is a FACT that the applying process is a lot easier on careerbuilder

Old 08-06-2013, 09:31 AM

23,515 posts, read 23,986,796 times
I applied for a position once on Careerbuilder and received an interview (via phone) the next day. Met with the hiring manager (in person) a few days later and received an offer. I would say that it has been effective, at least for me.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I believe it is a FACT that the applying process is a lot easier on careerbuilder
Then what was the point of starting a thread asking for opinions on a site which you consider, "underrated" and "overlooked".

Old 08-06-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I applied for a position once on Careerbuilder and received an interview (via phone) the next day. Met with the hiring manager (in person) a few days later and received an offer. I would say that it has been effective, at least for me.

Very effective and can't believe I waited this long to bring it to the attention of the job seekers

Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Then what was the point of starting a thread asking for opinions on a site which you consider, "underrated" and "overlooked".

To see how many job seekers on here who were not aware of it and how useful it can be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search