Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My sister keeps saying "you need a job. In order to get one you need to hunt for it". That's easy for her to say since she was born in a generation where the job market wasnt ****ty and she went to nurse training school or whatever it's called and had fallen into the fortunate fate of landing a nursing job where she makes 60,000 a year and she never even got her high school diploma.
where do you live that this is possible? Registered nurses with BSN degrees don't make $60,000 where I live.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmine21 View Post
I'm off the chain? You can go f uck yourself. The way you're commenting to me sure shows how "grown" and mature you are. Don't get mad with me because your lousy ass advice is not worth anything. I didnt have a choice to get on foodstamps bytch. It's not like I want to be on them. And the fact you make judgements based on your soapbox ego sure tells me what kind of person you are. And the fact you'd treat a family member wrong also says alot about you. Like I said you need to shut the f uck up about something you dont know about. Especially about me because you don't know me. I don't bring my attitude to interviews, either. And I'm not dealing with a grown woman, I'm dealing with an inconsiderate heartless dumb f uck going on her ego trip that's wasting air and wasting cyber space.

And no life has some great lessons in store for you. Keep talking shyt to people you dont know and think you can get away with it, they'll give you a surprise. You need to check YOUR self. I hope someone beats your ass or show you the same heartless inconsiderate attitude you're giving me.
I stand by what I said, and I wish the best for you. I am not shocked that you just don't get it.

See, I have to remember that you are from a different generation. It's like you have a sense of entitlement - everything is just supposed to just fall into place. It's exactly that thinking that will hold you back. If you can't debate without telling someone to f*ck themselves, you are not a person that will go far in life. You also give away your power and intelligence.

So what that your sister didn't finish high school. She obviously has been blessed with a great job, one that you will never be able to achieve without hard work and determination in this economy. There's something good about her that she has taken you in her home. Honor your blessings.

I too am blessed to have a great career and I struggled to get where I am. No family to keep a roof over my head, or pay my tuition. I did it by paying my way, and having a strong work ethic! I didn't have the luxury of sitting in someone else's home, collect food stamps and ranting online about how job hunting is like "falling into a never ending abyss!"

Block the truth all you want, type all the curse words that you desire. The fact remains, YOU are the one that needs help finding a job...not me, not your sister. The way to do that is to humble yourself enough to do the work - on your own. Until you do that, you are open to criticism and yes, being thrown out into the street.

If a stranger has the ability to rattle your feathers with a key stroke, honey - you are ill prepared for the world. Honor your blessings.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
September 9th is when the flood of new job openings will appear. Be on the lookout job seekers
What makes you say that specific date?

Old 08-26-2013, 09:56 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmine21 View Post
I'm off the chain? You can go f uck yourself. The way you're commenting to me sure shows how "grown" and mature you are. Don't get mad with me because your lousy ass advice is not worth anything. I didnt have a choice to get on foodstamps bytch. It's not like I want to be on them. And the fact you make judgements based on your soapbox ego sure tells me what kind of person you are. And the fact you'd treat a family member wrong also says alot about you. Like I said you need to shut the f uck up about something you dont know about. Especially about me because you don't know me. I don't bring my attitude to interviews, either. And I'm not dealing with a grown woman, I'm dealing with an inconsiderate heartless dumb f uck going on her ego trip that's wasting air and wasting cyber space.

And no life has some great lessons in store for you. Keep talking shyt to people you dont know and think you can get away with it, they'll give you a surprise. You need to check YOUR self. I hope someone beats your ass or show you the same heartless inconsiderate attitude you're giving me.
Hate to put it this way but if you're looking to get advice online , be prepared to face fire. Not all people will openly post snide remarks or nonconstructive ego trips but it's just a fact of life a small minority will.

I've been criticized, mocked, bashed, even threatened so many times for posting my ideas and even for seeking advice online over the last 10+ years. None of that has caused me to be hurt or anything.. I'm still here in 1 piece. That's the power of anonymous forums. You just gotta take it for what it's worth and just f --- those who have nothing better to do than to post unconstructive criticism.

I didn't make the rules.. there's more than enough helpful advice in this thread if you're willing to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Oh, and you might find some better advice here..

http://www.youtube.com/ramitsethi

Old 08-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Hate to put it this way but if you're looking to get advice online , be prepared to face fire. Not all people will openly post snide remarks or nonconstructive ego trips but it's just a fact of life a small minority will.

I've been criticized, mocked, bashed, even threatened so many times for posting my ideas and even for seeking advice online over the last 10+ years. None of that has caused me to be hurt or anything.. I'm still here in 1 piece. That's the power of anonymous forums. You just gotta take it for what it's worth and just f --- those who have nothing better to do than to post unconstructive criticism.

I didn't make the rules.. there's more than enough helpful advice in this thread if you're willing to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I Will Teach You To Be Rich - YouTube
Thank you for posting this. I rep'd you after listening to this one:

"How to Find a Job" by Ramit Sethi - YouTube

Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,230,012 times
I feel like I am hitting a refresh button every hour. I would love to volunteer but I can't afford childcare. I can't afford childcare because I don't have a job. I don't have a job because.... what an irritating situation indeed! And I'm on day 1!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 AM

19 posts, read 26,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nifear View Post
Tend to agree with kharing... I hope your negative attitude doesn't show through during interviews. It's hard out there, but you need to remain focused and optimistic. Noone wants a 'negative nancy' working for them.
No my attitude does not show up in my interviews. I already mentioned that employers most likely have found better candidates than me because my resume isnt that special. All I have is office training, some customer service experience, and some certifications in Microsoft. There are candidates looking for office jobs that have better achievements than that.

And forget kharing. I have already come to the conclusion this person has a problem. She did not need to respond to me the way she did just because I told her to leave judgements about something she knew nothing about out of her comments. If a person cant take a simple request like that then they're immature. I dont need to follow the "advice" of somebody like that. And she sounds ghetto, too.

Last edited by Yasmine21; 08-26-2013 at 10:48 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post

I Will Teach You To Be Rich - YouTube
Yes exactly. I'm a very sensitive submissive person and get hurt easily, especially when it's criticisms on something very personal that I have no control over. What people say to me stays with me for years, that's one main reason I try to stay away from people. Alot of people are messed up. I never had a good friend. They always stabbed me in the back, lied and cheated.

I'll just do like you said and ignore people like that. But it's hard.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
I stand by what I said, and I wish the best for you. I am not shocked that you just don't get it.

See, I have to remember that you are from a different generation. It's like you have a sense of entitlement - everything is just supposed to just fall into place. It's exactly that thinking that will hold you back. If you can't debate without telling someone to f*ck themselves, you are not a person that will go far in life. You also give away your power and intelligence.

So what that your sister didn't finish high school. She obviously has been blessed with a great job, one that you will never be able to achieve without hard work and determination in this economy. There's something good about her that she has taken you in her home. Honor your blessings.

I too am blessed to have a great career and I struggled to get where I am. No family to keep a roof over my head, or pay my tuition. I did it by paying my way, and having a strong work ethic! I didn't have the luxury of sitting in someone else's home, collect food stamps and ranting online about how job hunting is like "falling into a never ending abyss!"

Block the truth all you want, type all the curse words that you desire. The fact remains, YOU are the one that needs help finding a job...not me, not your sister. The way to do that is to humble yourself enough to do the work - on your own. Until you do that, you are open to criticism and yes, being thrown out into the street.

If a stranger has the ability to rattle your feathers with a key stroke, honey - you are ill prepared for the world. Honor your blessings.
Whatever. You have a mental problem and take my advice: GO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP.

I dont think everything should be handed to me. That's YOUR sick assumptions because you want to make up strawmen so you can go on your stupid rants and get on your soapbox and get on your pathetic ego trip. Well go get your ego trip on elsewhere you sado-masochist. You're wasting your time trying to bump it up by trying to tear me down. I dont care if you stand by what you said, you can take what you said which wasnt even relevant to the original post on this thread and shove it right back up your ass where it came from.

I responded to you the way I did because YOU FIRST responded to me nastily because I nicely asked you to not make judgements on something you know nothing about. 99% of your "advice" is nothing but assumptions you made up so you can have something to judge someone on. I dont know whats your problem but whatever it is it isnt my fault. I didnt do anything to you. So go waste your no-life elsewhere.

And please **** about my sister!!!! What the f uck is yur problem????? You act like you f ucked her and you're married to her!! Like I said YOU DONT KNOW MY LIFE HISTORY WITH HER SO SHUT THE F UCK UP!!! The reason I mentioned her not finishing school is because it's ironic how she calls me stupid when the reason she couldnt pass high school is because she failed in math.She even treats her children messed up and they always complain about how she calls them names and disrespects them. Just because someone takes you in their home doesnt mean they dont treat you like crap while you're there, smartass. That's another reason I mentioned that I can go stay at my boyfriends house just in case I cant take being treated like a dog here anymore. And you are offering criticism, but neither is it constructive criticism, it's just a bunch of bull you wrote to, like I said, stroke your ego. I do need help finding a job, that doesnt make me deserving to be torn down. But you need help getting some psychiatric help. You sound like my old sociopathic "friend".

And you dont speak any truth. It's a bunch of hogwash. And I can be prepared for ill-hearted people like you. All I have to do is ignore people like you and I'll be alright

Old 08-26-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
where do you live that this is possible? Registered nurses with BSN degrees don't make $60,000 where I live.

20yrsinBranson
She makes 50,000 a year. I remembered wrong.

We live in Los Angeles, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search