Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 08:00 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times

Advertisements

I actually found a good potential lead today. POTENTIAL not guaranteed. I'm not going to say anything about it but if I had a car right now it would be perfect. I'm not writing it off, I'm just trying to brainstorm what I should do.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:17 PM

134 posts, read 214,091 times
As long as you're reasonably fit, not mentally retarded and can pass a drug test, you can get a job at a warehouse. When I went in and applied for my job at the warehouse, the 2 other guys applying had criminal records and looked like typical high school dropout potheads. In fact one of the guys started to freak out when we took the drug test because he had smoked weed a few days ago. He was pleading the hiring manager, "Please, I need this job, I promise I'll quit." The hiring manager said he should just cross his fingers and hope it doesn't show up on the drug test, which it somehow didn't. All 3 of us started work the next day.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:13 AM

You must live in an area with a better economy and I'm sure the job wasn't advertised because it would have got tons of applicants.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:49 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,069,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
You must live in an area with a better economy and I'm sure the job wasn't advertised because it would have got tons of applicants.

You are right. It must have been another factor that is not in your control.

Missed you at Home Depot this morning.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:59 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Missed you at Home Depot this morning.
He had other things goin on that day...

Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
I told you numerous times how to find those jobs that are not advertised, but you have to actually go find them.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:59 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,682,611 times
Quote:
I think you might be depressed. It is easy to get that way when you aren't having much luck in the job market. I have struggled with that the past few years. Try to exercise and then go job hunting. It might make you feel better. I know I do after a good work out. Trouble is, I am not always that motivated to work out.

Back to you though, definitely try to exercise. Have someone look at your resume. Visit you local career center for the unemployed. AkA the state employment office. Here in Indiana it is called WorkOne. Not sure what it is in MA. They offer services to help the unemployed find jobs and offer help for folks with disabilities.

I know it is tough out there, but don't let it get you down. You have to keep moving. Keep trying and never give up.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:19 PM

I don't know what anybody can do for someone with a GED who wants any lowly job.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:38 PM

595 posts, read 2,701,920 times
Quote:
I don't know what anybody can do for someone with a GED who wants any lowly job.
You would be very surprised at what others are willing to do for people if you show them the right attitude. I'm interviewing for a job right now because someone thought I would be an asset to their office just from talking to me over the phone for 10 minutes. This person did not know me from Adam, doesn't know any of my friends but felt that I should be given a chance. Why? Because when we spoke on the phone I was nice and engaging and was willing to converse with her.

If you changed your attitude to one of a winner, someone who saw life positively, someone who saw life as something to grab and take for themselves and put forth even just a modicum of effort, you would be given a chance. If you keep seeing yourself as someone with JUST a GED and who reeks of desperation, then that is how others will perceive you and no one will give that person a chance. Who would want that around them or their business?

Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
I think you might be depressed.
Thread after thread and post after post of his repetitive lame excuses and blaming everyone else for his woes makes me depressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search