Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:27 PM

382 posts, read 1,921,404 times

Advertisements

Had 2nd interview and thought it went fantastic. Panel members seemed to be impressed, smiled, and wrote a lot of my answers down (in details). I was told that the decision should be available by the first half of this week. I was told that I am more than welcome to contact HR Generalist. Emailed today (Wed) and received no reply. What could this mean? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 08:28 AM

475 posts, read 1,370,530 times
If they made a decision they would let you know today.
If they decided to go with someone else, they may not contact you.
They may be delayed, someone might be out or other issues.
Give it until Monday, email one last "you are still interested" then move on.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Doesn't mean much. Nowadays, most Thank You letters don't get answered. Don't think too much and move on with your life. It is appropriate to follow up a week later but I wouldn't get my hopes up either.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessit771 View Post
Had 2nd interview and thought it went fantastic. Panel members seemed to be impressed, smiled, and wrote a lot of my answers down (in details). I was told that the decision should be available by the first half of this week. I was told that I am more than welcome to contact HR Generalist. Emailed today (Wed) and received no reply. What could this mean? Thanks!

It means they haven't answered you yet.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:56 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Even if they made a decision...they have to get the offer together and get approval for it. This could take a day or two. Then they extend the offer and wait for a reply. This could take a week if negotiations take place.

If you are #2 on the list, you could get the offer if #1 rejects or fails a background or drug test(depends on whether they do this and at what point in the hiring process it is done). This happens, sometimes in a day and other times a week later.

If you are #1 on the list, they might be in the process of getting the offer together.

Sometimes #1 accepts and then backs out just before the start date.

Bottom line, keep the channels open even if you are rejected intially.

I am sending positive vibes to you that you are the #1 pick

Old 02-23-2012, 01:44 PM

382 posts, read 1,921,404 times
SO, I sent another email (since she specifically told me it is ok to contact her Thursday or Friday). I received no reply. It think they ignoring me because they chose someone else and that it weird because there were 3 positions open and they seemed to be interested in me. I have her phone number. Should I call? Maybe their email system is down....I dont know what to do.....

Old 02-23-2012, 04:12 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Do not call, and no more emails. Not good to email Wed and then email again Thu if you didn't get a reply from Wed. No matter what she said.

You can blow it if you follow up too much. Chill. Don't contact them again unless they contact you.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 PM

831 posts, read 2,825,470 times
It means it's 2012 and nobody cares that you're wondering and waiting for an answer.
People who have jobs, have no idea how stressful it is waiting for relief.

I am currently waiting for a response as well for a job I applied for. I got an email saying that people will be contacted "shortly" and those not choosen will have their resume kept on file. That means I have to wait and maybe i'll hear something, maybe I won't.
Sucks.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:41 PM

1 posts, read 12,030 times
hey , i had an interview then they call me to say am accepted after a while they send me a job offer to sign , i send them some questions to answer before signing , no answer so i get panic to lose this chance , so i sign it any way and i send it and also no answer , plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeee eeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssse tell me what to do ,

Old 12-22-2013, 10:59 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,009,351 times
Try by starting a new topic of your own instead of bumping one that is almost two years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search