U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 10:19 PM

3 posts, read 9,601 times

Advertisements

CD'ers,

I need some public opinion advice. I have an offer of employment with a company subject to a background check. I have no problem with that. But the forms that background company gave me seems a little over the top. There are three Separate forms i have to put my John Hancock on.

1)Background Authorization Check form 2) Background Check Disclosure Form 3)Release of Liability

The information i would be authorizing a release of seems excessive. What are your thoughts.
See below:
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************
Release of Liability

I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive and release Info Cubic, LLC (“Info Cubic” or the “Company”) and its agents, officials, representatives, or assigned agencies, including officers, directors, subsidiaries, parents, employees, and/or related personnel, both individually and collectively, from any and all claims, demands, or liabilities of any nature whatsoever, whether arising statutorily, in tort or contract, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, on account of any injury or damage, including, but not limited to, defamation and invasion of privacy, which I may have at any time now or in the future, arising out of or in any way related to the investigation contemplated by this authorization, or from reliance on the information furnished. I ACKNOWLEDGE and AGREE that I have read and understand this Release of Liability and that I freely and voluntarily sign this document. I further agree that Info Cubic has made no representations, inducements or statements other than those in writing in this document and in other written disclosures provided to me, about the background investigation. I further agree and certify that the information that I provide in this form is true and correct, and that my application or employment shall be terminated based on any false, omitted, or fraudulent information.
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************

Background Check Disclosure Form

Info Cubic, LLC and its designated agents and representatives may conduct a comprehensive review of your background through a consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report to be generated for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention as an employee. The scope of the consumer report/investigative consumer report may include information about your character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living as well as information that is not limited to, the following areas: names and dates of previous/current employment, work experience, Bureau of Workers Compensation/Claims, criminal history records (from local, state, federal, international and other law enforcement agencies’ records), sexual offenders lists, wants and warrants records, motor vehicle records, military records, educational verification, license verification, credit history, civil cases, OIG/GSA, USA PATRIOT Act/OFAC, any sanction lists, FBI finger printing, internet searches, social media information, and drug testing. These reports may be obtained by Info Cubic, LLC at any time after receipt of your authorization. You may request more information about the nature and scope of any investigative consumer reports by contacting Info Cubic, LLC. Info Cubic, LLC will supply a copy of the completed consumer report along with a copy of an individual’s rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************
Background Authorization Check form

I authorize the full release of the information described in the background check disclosure, without any reservation, throughout any duration of my employment at CompanyXXX (company name) (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”). I certify that all information provided below is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. This authorization and consent shall be valid in original, facsimile (“fax"), or copy form.

I understand and acknowledge that an “investigative consumer report” may include information as to my character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living, which may be obtained by interviews with individuals with whom I am or have been acquainted, or who may have knowledge concerning any such items of information. I understand and acknowledge that, upon my written request, the Company shall make a complete and accurate written disclosure of the nature and scope of the consumer investigation it has requested with respect to my employment application. I further understand and acknowledge that I have the right to request a copy of any investigative consumer report obtained with respect to my employment application.

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************************

Last edited by glassfish78; 01-09-2014 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: remove whitespace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 PM

1,305 posts, read 1,408,905 times
Did you copy and paste that release from the actual form? If so, it looks like what I've already seen on pre-employment checks I've filled out. Looking for a job is like applying for a loan now. You are required to allow them access to everything that they can verify.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:09 PM

yes. everything is verbatim with the exception of authorization check. That form had a couple more paragraphs.

So employers have been granted the right to look at internet searches and social media activity along with criminal and credit checks.

why do we even have "right to privacy" laws if govt and emploers can do an unchecked end run around it.

geez i have to be careful. this will most certainly pop up on one of the checks.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:26 PM

1,378 posts, read 2,115,803 times
Hey glassfish is the background check people also asking for your salary history too? or just employer history?

Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 PM

No. They asked for ssn, addresses for last 7 yrs, contact numbers for my last four jobs to verify employment. Since i worked overseas a couple of years ago they want to run criminal check in the european countries i worked. The employer also wanted reasons for leaving for the last four employers as well. and this isnt for a government job. go figure.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:51 AM

1,378 posts, read 2,115,803 times
What a pain. Why do they need contact numbers for the jobs? Aren't those jobs already listed on your background check? I thought they were required only if they ran into problems.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:00 AM

9,028 posts, read 16,429,052 times
You could simply not take the job.........

Really nothing unreasonable there - just let them do their check and advice general to the room, just be honest

Especially if salary is asked about

So frustrating when I was hiring to have to not hire someone because they lied about their expiring salary ...... i know someone who just lost an offer over this - just not smart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or