U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 03:39 PM

9 posts, read 51,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'm sorry, but....LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Stop it will you. The prosecutor and judge aren't reading your posts.

Sign up for a job at Walmart or McDonalds. I'm serious. They hire felons all the time, so you should be a walk in the park for them.

Thief.

Nobody is perfect.are you god? If yes, you better live in heaven..this is earth where humans live.it's no plce for you..everybody does mistakes...at least i am brave enough to accept my mistake & do the needful service & i am working towards becoming a better person..i am not judgmental like you..

You are a jerk.go get a life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 04:04 PM

6,473 posts, read 10,399,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immifriend2014 View Post
Nobody is perfect.are you god? If yes, you better live in heaven..this is earth where humans live.it's no plce for you..everybody does mistakes...at least i am brave enough to accept my mistake & do the needful service & i am working towards becoming a better person..i am not judgmental like you..

I'm not judging you. I laughed at that sappy "may God forgive my sins" nonsense that you wrote. LOL!

And it wasn't like I lied. You shoplifted, so therefore you are a thief. This is what shoplifters are = Thieves.

Also, what I said still holds true. Sign up for Walmart or McDonalds. They WILL hire you. If they hire convicted felons, then they shouldn't have a problem with you.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:15 AM

2,285 posts, read 3,108,137 times
Quote:

There is a sizable difference between a "mistake" and a willful illegal act. Drop the pity party and just apply everywhere. If they find it, they find it. If they don't, they don't.

Seriously, quit whining - you made your own bed.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:44 PM

149 posts, read 300,931 times
Quote:
Hi mialia..ThankYou so much for your info.i live in Texas. When i talked to my lawyer i was told that the case will be dismissed.till then it will show up as pending charges. After that it's obviously case dismissed...my lawyer told that...if ever i am asked ..i should agree that i was arrested,charges still pending or charges dismissed depending on the status quo..

Yes..it was a misdeamenor B...

Thanks for being supportive..
OK so as of right now you are INNOCENT. Innocent until proven guilty, remember? Innocent people get arrested and have pending charges against them all the time.

Parts of Texas are part of THE BAN THE BOX CLUB! PLEASE check this link here, you will see a map of the USA, states in RED are BAN THE BOX. Texas is listed as Austin, TX and Travis County, TX -The entire state of Texas is not ban the box, but Austin and Travis County are

If you are in Austin or Travis County YOU DO NOT CHECK THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ARRESTED - and that question shouldn't even be on the job applications in the first place.

For example, the entire state of Massachusetts is NOT Ban the Box, but because Boston and Worcester, MA have citywide ordinances, pretty much most employers have eliminated the question all together up here.

http://www.nelp.org/page/-/SCLP/City...es.pdf?nocdn=1

Old 02-22-2014, 06:24 AM

832 posts, read 1,180,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mialia View Post
OK so as of right now you are INNOCENT. Innocent until proven guilty, remember? Innocent people get arrested and have pending charges against them all the time.

Parts of Texas are part of THE BAN THE BOX CLUB! PLEASE check this link here, you will see a map of the USA, states in RED are BAN THE BOX. Texas is listed as Austin, TX and Travis County, TX -The entire state of Texas is not ban the box, but Austin and Travis County are

If you are in Austin or Travis County YOU DO NOT CHECK THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ARRESTED - and that question shouldn't even be on the job applications in the first place.

For example, the entire state of Massachusetts is NOT Ban the Box, but because Boston and Worcester, MA have citywide ordinances, pretty much most employers have eliminated the question all together up here.

http://www.nelp.org/page/-/SCLP/City...es.pdf?nocdn=1

"I can't tell how much i am devastated with this.it was a stupid stupid mistake.i am suffering the repercussions. i have learnt my lesson.i just hope & pray that god forgives me for my sin."

Oh yeah. He's innocent. That's why he's posting here.

OP, you're not a legal immigrant. What you are is a student with a CPT, OPT or financial hardship employment card. By definition, you are a non-immigrant. Or, you're an H1B who's currently out of status because you're unemployed.

Of course your spouse can't support you because it's not her job to. You should have come to the US with the funds in hand. F2 and H4's can't work. If you're a J1, your spouse can't work to support your living in the US.

Furthermore, you can not accept any employment. Your employment is limited to the I-129 petitioner (If an H1B) or your CPT/OPT employer as per the terms of your studies.

If you have a severe economic hardship, perhaps you should return to the home you claimed you had no intention of abandoning when you applied for your non-immigrant status.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:13 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,436,059 times
Sweetie, you didn't make a mistake. You made a choice. This is not about whether anyone else is perfect. It is about a choice you made. Very few people make the choice to steal. You did, so now you have the opportunity to experience the consequences. Getting angry at having the truth pointed out to you will not change your circumstances in the least.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:06 PM

8,956 posts, read 6,493,785 times
That will stay on your record.

Almost all employers do background checks.

Any young person reading - keep your record clean.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 502 times
I in the exact same situation. I am a med student, but in my case I did not steal, walmart accused me of stealing and in in a fight for my life to get this dismissal. I have encountered a suspension in my clinical rotations, until charges are dismissed, I have been with out a job now for 5 months awaited the PA to review the tape. I have been living in such stress and anxiety I can not even function, because of the severity of the situation. My situation is much more than a mistake made. I did not steal, yet walmart continued to press charges, the takeaways reviewed by my attorny and he said it shows that I did not steal anything and my case will be dismissed. However my background check says I was arrested. Which the cops were never called nor was I physically arrested, all I did was give a statement and walmart said ok your free to go, and gave me back my paid for items. Nothing more was said, I thought they had deemed it a mistake, a month later I get a court notice to appear and charges wee made on me for theft. Let's just say because of walmart I am heading into forclosure, I lost my spot in line for my medical program so my 9 years of schooling I have already put in is on hold and I can't do anything until court. Also I am 29 have two children, and I have NEVER been in trouble ever in my life. Walmart has ruined my life as of today, and I am just now starting to get up and about, my doctor has out me on anti psychotics, depressant and anxiety meds to just be able to breathe. I keep saying and thinking my life is over, all because walmart thought I stole nail polish, and I don't even wear nail polish, I am in the medical field where mail polish is not allowed. But as far as my case goes, an arrest is showing on my background check, EVEN THO. I was never arrested, cops never called, no police report and my Miranda rights were never given. If anyone has advice for me I would greatly appreciate it. To sum it up. I now am loosing my home, I do not have a job, I can't continue my program, and I am now living a life heavily medicated to function from all of the emotional damage and destruction this has caused me. I feel worthless, drowning, and I don't even see any relief after my court date and dismissal is over which is on 4 more days. Even though I am getting my case dismissed, I will always have to explain on an application my story, even if it is not on my background check in fear it might come up and they deem me a liar if I check no. I can not even walk into any retail store with out feeling paranoid and massive anxiety. I have my friends and family now grocery shop for me and my children if I need it. This is the worst thing in my life I have ever been through, and still don't think I can recover quickly. All for nothing.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:18 AM

9,778 posts, read 16,966,691 times
They either recovered unpaid for nail polish or they didn't.

The business filed a complaint and you were charged, so it is considered an arrest.

What is your attorney doing? Why has this drug on for 5 months?

If you have been falsely accused of a crime and it has affected you ability to make a living and pay your bills, you need to consider filing a civil suit.

Why would the store accuse you of stealing? If they did not recover any property on you, how could they file charges against you? It doesn't make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or