Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 AM

867 posts, read 1,587,604 times

Advertisements

I wrote a negative review of a former job on Glassdoor. It was accurate & informative. Not all was bad at the job and I included that as well.

That posting was on the glassdoor was approved and was on the website for a few months. I noticed today that it has been removed.

It was a review true to my account of my time at that company.

Does anyone have any idea why it was removed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 AM

389 posts, read 692,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
I wrote a negative review of a former job on Glassdoor. It was accurate & informative. Not all was bad at the job and I included that as well.

That posting was on the glassdoor was approved and was on the website for a few months. I noticed today that it has been removed.

Gosh, I'm shocked...

Old 02-09-2014, 07:42 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,769,824 times
I would guess the employer had it removed. I've heard of that happening from others with reviews on Glassdoor, but I never have noticed it myself in particular.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:53 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,842,313 times
After a bad experience at an interview with a small CPA firm, out of curiosity I visited the company's Glassdoor profle. There were pages and pages of negative reviews, most of which were about how verbally abusive the partners are. Several months later, I went back and noticed that not only had most of the bad reviews been deleted, but there were a few new ones about how it was such a great place to work. I'm sure those were either written by the partners themselves or they forced their employees to do it. I have no idea why Glassdoor removes reviews, but the fact that they do makes that site pretty much useless.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:29 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:

Wow. You realy have time to keep track on your old employer and their Glassdoor rating?

Glassdoor takes down stuff all the time. Please don't get caught up in conspiracy theories. It's not that deep.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:54 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
This is typical - the corporations control everything and certainly won't let the truth be spoken.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Wow. You realy have time to keep track on your old employer and their Glassdoor rating?

Glassdoor takes down stuff all the time. Please don't get caught up in conspiracy theories. It's not that deep.
Thanks for answering. Do you know why Glassdoor would do this? I'm assuming someone at the company saw my review and requested that it be removed however it was a truthful account of my experience. Isn't that worth something as far as Glassdoor is concerned?

Old 02-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
After a bad experience at an interview with a small CPA firm, out of curiosity I visited the company's Glassdoor profle. There were pages and pages of negative reviews, most of which were about how verbally abusive the partners are. Several months later, I went back and noticed that not only had most of the bad reviews been deleted, but there were a few new ones about how it was such a great place to work. I'm sure those were either written by the partners themselves or they forced their employees to do it. I have no idea why Glassdoor removes reviews, but the fact that they do makes that site pretty much useless.
I find GD useful when I'm checking out a company with the intention of applying for a job. I know that even negative reviews are one person's opinion just like positive reviews. But all the reviews allow me to see inside the company in a way that I couldn't otherwise.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 AM

I wonder if there are any legal ramifications of writing a negative review? I know it's anonymous however I think that by looking up the ip address, the company could find out who wrote the review.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Thanks for answering. Do you know why Glassdoor would do this? I'm assuming someone at the company saw my review and requested that it be removed however it was a truthful account of my experience. Isn't that worth something as far as Glassdoor is concerned?
I don't know what you wrote. I've seen negative reviews on all the companies I've looked at.

Bottom line is that it's Glassdoor's site and not yours. They can take down anything at anytime for any reason.

Your experience is your experience. If it means all that much to you to put it out there, start your own site or blog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search