Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 10:54 AM

25 posts, read 69,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
This moron hasn't replied back for 2 days now. Whatever...
I've had a ton of recruiters call me - set up time to talk - then go through their "motions".

The job sounds like a "perfect fit" - I will "send your resume to the hiring manager and get a time to do a phone screen" ( or face to face in some instances ) .

Everything is SO sales(wo)man like when they talk to you.

So I would get my hopes up thinking "this is great - I have the chance to move from the S-hole job to a new place, yadda yadda...."

The phone call typically ends with "I will get back to you EITHER WAY" ( assuming the hiring manager does or doesn't like what they read on my resume )

I understand that I might not be the "fit" the recruiter played up on me, I am not stupid - but the "EITHER WAY" part really pisses me off.

Shoot me an email or call me and say they went in another direction ! I am sorry but I think they are mostly just a bunch of real estate agents - once they find a better candidate and they get their commission, they could CARE LESS about you. A 20 second email composed, and just resent to all your candidates couldn't be THAT tough to do -

Give me some sort of indication so at least I can scratch it off my list and move on to the next.

I just had an interview with a company near by - I actually got to talk to the manager who told me they would make their decision and ALL decisions and news would be returned to me via the recruiter, who I was talking with for 3 days on phone and on Monster. A week goes by, so I send an email saying "So and so said you would let me know either way, have they made a decision" - my answer must be stuck in the mail somewhere, we're looking at 2 weeks now LOL! And this man was talking to me on Monster and email on his phone - Come on DUDE give me a break.

Recruiters are snakes. They just are out for blood ! ( I mean money )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 11:29 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,605,902 times
OP I would call back and or email to reschedule, ask what happened etc... -if you get no response from that then you can assume you got blown off. Heck I would probably assume you got blown off from the fact that you did not get an initial phone call at the scheduled time, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:01 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,724,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeddude8 View Post
OP I would call back and or email to reschedule, ask what happened etc... -if you get no response from that then you can assume you got blown off. Heck I would probably assume you got blown off from the fact that you did not get an initial phone call at the scheduled time, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Just FYI, this is another one of those threads where a new poster came on and (probably inadvertently) bumped it to the top-- I think Boosane got a job somewhere else.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:25 PM

It was me, I must have screwed up, sorry - I just wanted to add my 2 cents for I feel I've dealt with "morons" the same way as Boosane.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:37 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,724,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjimmy1964 View Post
It was me, I must have screwed up, sorry - I just wanted to add my 2 cents for I feel I've dealt with "morons" the same way as Boosane.
No, no-- you did nothing wrong!

The poster after you was referring to the event as if it just happened, so I just wanted to clarify. Welcome to City Data

But, yeah, I've had my own experiences with recruiters scheduling me for an interview, blowing me off, and then ignoring me. So unprofessional and rude.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:24 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveyL View Post
Recruiter sucks. Move on to the next one in the gutter.
This.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
No, no-- you did nothing wrong!

The poster after you was referring to the event as if it just happened, so I just wanted to clarify. Welcome to City Data

But, yeah, I've had my own experiences with recruiters scheduling me for an interview, blowing me off, and then ignoring me. So unprofessional and rude.

Thank you Funny - a recruiter just called and left me voice mail, which I have to listen to - I am sure it's "a perfect fit"

Old 01-08-2015, 02:45 PM

406 posts, read 559,406 times
Mozilla did this to me... multiple times. Missed several interviews, was an hour late for another, their director of IT then missed my meeting with him due to an "emergency meeting".

This was when I just finished undergrad. Once I had my first offer on the table, I said goodbye to them.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:29 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexy633 View Post
What a load of b.s.
I'm still amazed at the general incompetency of many HR recruiters. A young girl, in her early-mid 20's, scheduled me for a phone interview and she never called me. I sent her an e-mail an hour later and very politely asked if something had come up. She got back two hours later, replied and apologized, saying that she had put me down for a different day and time. And then she had the audacity to ask if she could call me right then and there for the interview! That was pretty disrespectful, at least work with me on another interview time for your messup.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:08 AM

Default Be decent, recruiters!

I can't STAND when they call me - ask me to call back -and when I do I get voice mail to which they don't reply to.

And

I went and drove 30 miles to meet with this other place, he already said I got great reviews with my references - says "I am in the office but the hiring company's managers are on Christmas vacation but once I get a confirmed phone screen I will get back to you" ( this is the week of Dec 29 ) -

So I let New Years end, and waited to January 8th ( 4 days into the new year - assuming I am letting people settle in and get through their emails ) and asked for update. Jan 8, Jan 9 - Nothing. So far today - nothing.

Up till Dec 29 this guy was in constant contact - and now he can't even give me the respect of saying the job is filled ??

I read somewhere that this company ( which is very popular ) is good at "asking for references just so they can try to scam some business off them later).

I am totally ticked off because this job was an easy commute, decent money and fit my qualifications.

SNAKES! I feel like calling the HR of the hiring company and ask them if the department indeed was expanding - like the snake told me.

Sorry, I have to vent. 4 recruiters in 3-4 weeks talked me up and won't respond to me at all. WTH !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search