Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2014, 05:26 AM

57 posts, read 109,055 times

Advertisements

So I applied for multiple jobs and continuously do so for one of the largest companies in its field because its sort of a dream job.This company has so many different recruiters and hr people for every job. .A month ago I finally got an interview , but because of the big snow storm , It unluckily got turned into a phone interview, which I still think went great and he really liked me , but I just never heard back.

My question is , Because I obviously didn't get the first job , do recruiters for the other jobs ask the other people who interviewed me about me or on the other side , will they just automatically assume me not being hired as a red flag (It shows on their website I was interviewed so they will know.)

Also , the person who interviewed me wasn't really a recruiter but rather a person from that particular department I applied for , so I'm just curious if I will now be sort of blacklisted , although I think it went great the first time.

Last time this happened 6 months ago with Comcast , I got an interview and was denied and since then , have been denied for every other job since from them.

I know its long so thanks for reading and helping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,346 posts, read 80,658,912 times
I have had a few cases as a hiring manager where someone was also being considered for another opening in a different department. Our HR person tipped me off to that but would not discuss how they did on the other interviews, or what their chances were. I am left to make my selection with only what I learned from my interview with the person. That is just here, other places may operate differently.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:57 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,468,522 times
In large companies I doubt this would happen. In small companies, I'd say it could very well happen.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:13 AM

398 posts, read 744,151 times
No, if it is a very large company, chances are- they wouldn't be able to go through every department listing to check if you have applied. I've worked as a recruiter for very large companies in the past and the only times I can see previous recruiter notes is if you applied for the SAME job multiple times- and if you used the same account login/email address.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:13 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,346 posts, read 80,658,912 times
Because we do all applications online, and require applicants to set up a user ID and password, we do have the capability of
"blackballing" in effect. That would not be used for someone who did poorly in an interview, however. It would be used for something like an employee who was fired for cause, or a candidate that goes nuts and threatens the interviewer, or attempts to bribe them (OK, that hasn't happened but we would use it for that if it did).

Old 03-26-2014, 04:24 PM

57 posts, read 109,055 times
ok , well I know they can see it because its an online system that shows all the jobs you applied for and on every job , it says either thank you for applying or no longer in consideration. The one I got interviewed for said interview stage and then no longer in consideration. So I know they know I interviewed , I'm just wondering if they would ask the other recruiter , assuming its not the same person , whether I was good or not.

Thanks for all the responses btw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search