Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 09:28 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
If there is something open it may have been a fast response. If they are trying to see where you can fit in then it would not be a fast response
Well true, but I would like to think I would get a reply... anything…. rather than nothing, or is it too soon? shouldn't as a connection via referral I get acknowledgement that my resume was received?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 09:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I said nothing wrong, it was well done I thought. I didn't want to just drop a resume with no introduction to it, it didn't feel right.

now I just want a reply rather than nothing.

The introduction was your resume/cover letter

Old 04-25-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The introduction was your resume/cover letter
There was no cover letter, my follow up had the cover. Is it normal for them to take this long? Should I expect some reply? even a "No" is ok of me

Old 04-25-2014, 09:52 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,865,954 times
It's too soon. It's way too soon.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
It's too soon. It's way too soon.
I hope you're right. I really do. It just seems odd to me to get no reply at all. I follow all leads as I have been out of work for sometime.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 PM

I understand that you are a bit anxious about it. That's normal, especially if you've been unemployed for awhile. However, a week is a very short time for any HR department to follow up with a candidate even when there is a specific job in mind. I believe that you don't intend to come off as pushy or needy, but your actions will reflect on the friend that was kind enough to submit your resume. Please try to be patient and wait for them to contact you.

All the best.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I understand that you are a bit anxious about it. That's normal, especially if you've been unemployed for awhile. However, a week is a very short time for any HR department to follow up with a candidate even when there is a specific job in mind. I believe that you don't intend to come off as pushy or needy, but your actions will reflect on the friend that was kind enough to submit your resume. Please try to be patient and wait for them to contact you.

All the best.
Thanks.

There only one job there I applied to, I also mentioned to them about other jobs that used to be posted that I can do. I also mentioned other software that I know incase it would be relevant for any upcoming position.

Even if they say no, I still think I deserve a response, especially as a referral.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:21 PM

I am not saying you don't deserve a response. I didn't get that impression from other people's responses either.

I'm just trying to explain that it's too soon for any kind of response, rejection or not.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I am not saying you don't deserve a response. I didn't get that impression from other people's responses either.

I'm just trying to explain that it's too soon for any kind of response, rejection or not.
Alright. Well I hope you're right.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:

If they respond after like 2 weeks or so, would that be rude? Do you think that's too late? If they contacted me that long after that would seem rude to me and they hopefully would have an excuse.

Especially as a connection. I like to think that a friend of a friend would at least acknowledge I sent in a resume and they would give friendly reply even if there was no opportunity.

It was just in my mind again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search