Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 04:28 PM

477 posts, read 799,619 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. Can you help me with a question? I tried other places and got the run around. On June 11, I got a background check done because a company hired me. They said my background check was required before I started. Usually, I have the results in two weeks. Anyway, in 2012, I took of my children on a field trip. I was told to watch my child. I took my child to eat while the rest of the class was going bathroom. It was a farm and the bathrooms were really gross. The teacher said to me "Did you see John?". I said no. I was with my child. The little boy had run away. I felt bad, but he was eventually found and nothing really happened to him. Like of kidnapping or assault. I also want to mention I later found this boy is retarded. As I said, I feel bad but was not told to watch him or anything. Well, the next day I got a call at work from the principal to tell me I'm not allowed to go on any more school trips. I have more than one child in the school. I knew "why", but didn't want to fight. I'm wondering if this would show up as child abuse? I was never legally in trouble or talked to dyfs. My sister said "If they called DYFS on you, you wouldn't know". My question is two parts. One, can DYFS be called on you without you knowing? Like they never call you, but make a record. This has been two years. I was never ever called by DYFS. Two, would this show up on a background check? I never talked to the police either. As far as I know, others parents were told but no one told the police. Would this be on my background? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 05:14 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,234,425 times
I think it is unlikely that anything was reported beyond the school. Since the incident ended without harm to the child, there was really nothing to be gained by anyone from pursuing any kind of action against you. In any event, there surely would have been some kind of contact from DYFS or the police if a report had been made. This does not really seem to rise to the level of abuse or any kind of deliberate act on your part, just a brief lapse in judgment. Try not to worry too much, it will probably turn out fine.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:37 PM

477 posts, read 799,619 times
Ok, thank you.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:25 PM

12,076 posts, read 23,185,839 times
No, this will not show up as child abuse. It won't show up at all.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,541 times
I've been waiting on a background check from family dollar for a month now. I called a couple of times and they said there's nothing they can do. I really needed this job and I should have heard something by now. What should I do???

Old 07-03-2014, 05:30 AM

12,076 posts, read 23,185,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg4497 View Post
I've been waiting on a background check from family dollar for a month now. I called a couple of times and they said there's nothing they can do. I really needed this job and I should have heard something by now. What should I do???
Keep looking for a job. The store you applied to cannot do anything about the length of time it takes the contract company to do your background check.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:26 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,658,949 times
I think you'll be fine OP.
I couldn't help but kind of laugh as I read this like oh boy the situation we get ourselves into!

Glad nothing happened to the child. Don't worry about the background check I imagine you'll be just fine.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,357 times
Can dyfs do a background check without permission ? Reason my gf has a case and I'm not on it and can't even visit with her child so can dyfs do a check on me without my permission
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search