Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 07:25 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

I don't care what kind of work you're interviewing for - that is never appropriate.

That's one way to stay on unemployment, if that was the goal. Sometimes people are not quite right in the head, though, so the guy may be suffering on that front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 07:26 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Am I a bad person if I don't hire him because of his outfit?
Are you a bad person? You're kidding, right? Someone shows up for an interview with me like that and he doesn't even get the interview.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:37 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Are you a bad person? You're kidding, right? Someone shows up for an interview with me like that and he doesn't even get the interview.
Yeah, I would have told him: "Come back when you can bother getting dressed after getting out of bed." I don't need some barefoot guy stinking up my workplace. If he can't bother to even put shoes on, why is he going to bother showing up on time or following basic workplace rules?

Old 08-04-2014, 08:00 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I agree, but the OP actually wears pajama pants to work sometimes. I don't think I would ever leave the house with that crap on, but I do wear old shorts and such. Just not a fan of looking as I should be in bed. It is like walking around saying you gave up on life. I wouldn't hire that person, but seems that kind of outfit is okay, since you wear them. Sounds like a pretty depressing place if people can't even wear shorts or jeans.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I agree, but the OP actually wears pajama pants to work sometimes. I don't think I would ever leave the house with that crap on, but I do wear old shorts and such. Just not a fan of looking as I should be in bed. It is like walking around saying you gave up on life. I wouldn't hire that person, but seems that kind of outfit is okay, since you wear them. Sounds like a pretty depressing place if people can't even wear shorts or jeans.
Yeah. I remember in college, some people would come to class wearing pajamas. I just thought that was lazy and classless. I really can't imagine being at any workplace that would tolerate it.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:40 AM

1,522 posts, read 2,999,467 times
I'm having a hard time picturing a workplace where anyone would wear pajama pants for any reason unless you're working from home. Even if you were shoveling dog crap out of animal pens at a shelter, I don't think I would expect to see pajama pants.

But to each his own.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:47 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
I'm curious as to what state this took place in. Maybe the OP can come back and share that.

My guess would be Florida.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:03 AM

400 posts, read 575,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

This guy came recommended by one of my best former employees. But she may not know him well.
Maybe he is homeless and your former employee thought you would help him out instead of judging him. People always send homeless men to us for jobs and once in a while we will scoop them up off the corners with those signs about will work for food. We have had some great workers turn out from those ugly ducklings.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:07 AM

[quote=gwgirl80;35941336]Maybe he is homeless and your former employee thought you would help him out instead of judging him. People always send homeless men to us for jobs and once in a while we will scoop them up off the corners with those signs about will work for food. We have had some great workers turn out from those ugly ducklings.[/QUOTE

Most homeless people still wear a pair of shoes. It's amazing how many people in this thread are making so many excuses for this guy.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:29 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
He isn't homeless. More like trust fund entitled traveling hippy, at least in his manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search