Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 05:25 AM

1,339 posts, read 3,465,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip_Chick54 View Post
I was scheduled for an interview on Tuesday at 3:15pm. The interviewer (female) sent me a confirmation email to which I replied "I look forward to speaking with you Tuesday at 3:15pm."
I showed up on Tuesday at 3 pm ( i like to show up early) and interviewer started screaming at me in front of the front office "My calendar says Wednesday at 3:15pm, not Tuesday!!! Come to my office. Ill show you"
So, I walked with her to her office and pulled up my cell phone email.
She then says that she will call me in a week or so and handed me a water bottle. There was no interview at all.
Was I wrong to have brought up the email? What would you have done?
HR!! You can't live with them, you can't live without them!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 08:38 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra11 View Post
I could very easily and gladly live without them. Just hire some admins to administer benefits or a paralegal to advice on legal compliance with personnel matters.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:07 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,007,284 times
I don't understand anyone who thinks the OP shouldn't have shown the email. At best, if they didn't, they would look like someone who can't keep basic days straight (in the mind of the crazy interviewer) and would never have gotten the job anyway.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowmint View Post
I don't understand anyone who thinks the OP shouldn't have shown the email. At best, if they didn't, they would look like someone who can't keep basic days straight (in the mind of the crazy interviewer) and would never have gotten the job anyway.
Yeah there's that (even though the worker entered the date wrong.) Did anyone wonder if they were going for that person's position so they perhaps sabotaged it on purpose just like those that throw paper applications in the trash bin without really looking at them?

Old 10-26-2014, 02:19 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
I have doubts about the veracity of this story, myself, or at least the OP's interpretation of the event. The title of the thread itself is an apparent lie. So maybe the encounter didn't go down exactly as the OP has related it.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:21 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,821,347 times
Does it matter anymore? The OP has successfully become invisible, since people started replying. End of thread?

Old 10-30-2014, 11:39 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra11 View Post
They aren't needed...they are quite useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I could very easily and gladly live without them. Just hire some admins to administer benefits or a paralegal to advice on legal compliance with personnel matters.
Better yet, outsource benefits administration and hiring. I agree on the paralegals.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:58 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
They aren't needed...they are quite useless.

Better yet, outsource benefits administration and hiring. I agree on the paralegals.
Hopefully within the US you mean. Last thing we need are more jobs lost. If we outsource HR, employees will still have to deal with asshat HR bureaucracy, just with delays and headaches dealing with asshats abroad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search