Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 03:28 PM

7,915 posts, read 7,775,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
What kind of position is this? Is it high level management? 5 interviews is insane.
I agree. I can see two or three. Then again a friend of mine had a interview amount of EIGHT at one point. Sounds more like a game show to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 09:37 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,417,813 times
Not every-one will interview without knowing the salary first hand.

You are expected to come to the interview prepared and thus you should know who your potential employer is and What Position you are interviewing for and also what that pays.

When people are starting out it helps to go on Job Interviews to learn to interview well.

In practice, titles don't always mean the same, from company to company Job description and compensation for the same job title would be different.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:10 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,145,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
I was contacted (over the weekend via email) to come in for yet another interview on Monday morning (mind you, they presented this request by email on a weekend!)

I'm not inclined to invest any more time without actually knowing what the pay scale is for this position. I have not received a reply

Both of the above are red flags. I would NOT work for this company, if I were you.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:43 AM

587 posts, read 913,331 times
Quote:
They did get back to me with the salary. It's higher than I expected, actually. Now I have to determine what to do next. They said there are still likely 2-3 more interview rounds. I'm also a bit put off by asking me on a weekend, via email, to show up Monday a.m. for an interview.
It's really hard to just turn this stuff down out of hand, even with all the red flags. I'm in a similar boat, not quite the same situation.

I just said no when they asked me to come in the day before.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:50 AM

25,792 posts, read 21,942,589 times
My thought was that if the OP was already working on Monday morning for the current employer, how did the potential employer think she would manage to get off work that quickly to come and interview? Maybe they need a problem solved Monday morning and are betting the OP might have input? Salaries sometimes change between the time they are quoted and when the person actually arrives. Salaries, benefits and work hours are often "Oops, that information wasn't correct."

Old 01-14-2015, 08:32 AM

2,116 posts, read 3,037,529 times
Quote:
They did get back to me with the salary. It's higher than I expected, actually. Now I have to determine what to do next. They said there are still likely 2-3 more interview rounds. I'm also a bit put off by asking me on a weekend, via email, to show up Monday a.m. for an interview.
Well, it is now Wednesday and you are still in the process after multiple rounds, and the salary is apparently within a range you find acceptable. It seems logical to follow through with the process to see if this actually an opportunity that you would feel comfortable with.

I would propose that you follow up with a message to the hiring manager letting them know you are interested in the opportunity up to this point but somewhat concerned with the short notice on the last interview. I would respectfully request that future interviews in this process be planned more effectively. If they are an employer of choice who values their people (and you) they will respect this candid request. If they are shady or not an employer that values their people, you will find out prior to investing any more time and energy in the process.

Good luck.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:42 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times
Quote:

I am assuming you did not show up Monday morning for the interview? Have they addressed that in a way that seems satisfactory, such as apologizing for the short notice request and then scheduling at a mutually acceptable time?

Old 01-14-2015, 10:49 AM

994 posts, read 1,536,933 times
No, they just proposed a new date and time. I plan to go, as the notice is quite adequate. I'm not giving up more "Intel" though. At this stage, I almost feel like they need to sell me.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:17 PM

179 posts, read 267,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicLove View Post
And you went along with that???
We didn't know why we were doing that and there would have been no choice anyway.

That company was known to have you training your replacement not even knowing they were there to take your job.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:29 PM

179 posts, read 267,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You didn't report it?

How weird. Report to whom? I wasn't even aware of it until about six weeks later. I was 21 and needed a job and didn't have the options some of you obviously did. I had to do what I was told or would have been replaced with someone who would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search