Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:31 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,140,301 times

Advertisements

At this point, I would not want to work for the first company. The red flags are flying all over the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 11:33 AM

530 posts, read 356,513 times
Wow Thomas! your story sound so much like what I am going through now..I had an interview with the prospective employer mid of December, the next day they said I had the job and would send the offer details post holidays. After waiting till second week of Jan, they got back to me saying the upper management folks are busy planning for the year's budget, some contract talks with prospective clients etc. and was requested to wait patiently (they were apologetic). Finally last week, I got an update that the upper management signed the papers and the HR person would contact me soon. I got an email asking for some details to be filled before the actual offer is made from the HR person. Submitted the online application 5 days back and nothing yet. Thankfully, I am working full time and haven't yet tendered in my 2 week notice and I won't until everything is in place. Wishing you the best!

Old 02-02-2015, 11:45 AM

140 posts, read 223,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
At this point, I would not want to work for the first company. The red flags are flying all over the place.
That's exactly my worry but maybe it's just a crappy HR/hiring process they have in place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaka View Post
Wow Thomas! your story sound so much like what I am going through now..I had an interview with the prospective employer mid of December, the next day they said I had the job and would send the offer details post holidays. After waiting till second week of Jan, they got back to me saying the upper management folks are busy planning for the year's budget, some contract talks with prospective clients etc. and was requested to wait patiently (they were apologetic). Finally last week, I got an update that the upper management signed the papers and the HR person would contact me soon. I got an email asking for some details to be filled before the actual offer is made from the HR person. Submitted the online application 5 days back and nothing yet. Thankfully, I am working full time and haven't yet tendered in my 2 week notice and I won't until everything is in place. Wishing you the best!
WOW! That's almost identical to my situation! The only differences are that I haven't been told about management being tied up over budget planning (though I admit I have suspected that). Also your a bit further in the process than me at this point. I'm still awaiting to hear that the offer was signed off on and than they need to do a week long BGC from what I've been told. Then I can start after that week of BGC.

Out of pure curiosity what state is that position you applied for in and what field? (Curious if we possibly are awaiting word from the same company lol.

I too am lucky that I still have a full time job to lean back on and havent given notice, however, the pay I'm making now is horrid.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:00 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,189,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas185 View Post
Just another update, on week 5 of waiting for a hard copy offer letter. Called HR last week and the rep basically said don't call anymore and to hurry up and wait. Also the story has slightly changed from the letter being held up on one person's desk to being held up on multiple manager's desks (not sure when that happened?). The HR rep said they'd tried to talk to their supervisor to see where things are at time wise and that they hoped to get back to me this week but who knows.

Meanwhile I interviewed for 3 other positions. Got offered one but declined it as the pay was way lower than expected going into the process. Got passed up on another one, was over qualified for them, and awaiting the other. Fingers crossed. Starting in March I have to start making payments on my graduate loans so really need the better income. Also applied to a couple more positions.

Mainly doing updates at this point to let you all know if it actually comes through and after how many weeks/months.

I hope you get one of the other positions, because the first company sounds like a mess.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:17 PM

530 posts, read 356,513 times
Quote:
WOW! That's almost identical to my situation! The only differences are that I haven't been told about management being tied up over budget planning (though I admit I have suspected that). Also your a bit further in the process than me at this point. I'm still awaiting to hear that the offer was signed off on and than they need to do a week long BGC from what I've been told. Then I can start after that week of BGC.

Out of pure curiosity what state is that position you applied for in and what field? (Curious if we possibly are awaiting word from the same company lol.

I too am lucky that I still have a full time job to lean back on and havent given notice, however, the pay I'm making now is horrid.
DM Sent

Old 02-02-2015, 04:09 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Just another update, on week 5 of waiting for a hard copy offer letter. Called HR last week and the rep basically said don't call anymore and to hurry up and wait. Also the story has slightly changed from the letter being held up on one person's desk to being held up on multiple manager's desks (not sure when that happened?). The HR rep said they'd tried to talk to their supervisor to see where things are at time wise and that they hoped to get back to me this week but who knows.

Meanwhile I interviewed for 3 other positions. Got offered one but declined it as the pay was way lower than expected going into the process. Got passed up on another one, was over qualified for them, and awaiting the other. Fingers crossed. Starting in March I have to start making payments on my graduate loans so really need the better income. Also applied to a couple more positions.

Mainly doing updates at this point to let you all know if it actually comes through and after how many weeks/months.
Please stop calling and follow up by email instead which is a lot less annoying to the people in HR.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Please stop calling and follow up by email instead which is a lot less annoying to the people in HR.
Followed up by email the first two times and HR said specifically to call going forward as they felt the opposite of your thoughts, so I started calling wasn't until last week that they said don't contact them anymore and they'll update me.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:44 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Followed up by email the first two times and HR said specifically to call going forward as they felt the opposite of your thoughts, so I started calling wasn't until last week that they said don't contact them anymore and they'll update me.
Was you calling once a week or everyday?

Old 02-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Was you calling once a week or everyday?
Once every other week.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:23 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,558,149 times
I hate to say it but if I were you I'd forget that employer and move on..

I'd guess the new budget kicked in with the new year and they decided to hold off hiring, hence the snub.

I would not want to work in such an insecure and dysfunctional environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search