Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 01:11 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,300,119 times

Advertisements

He told me to come in for an interview. After the interview, he had group of us in a room and told us that we would be selling knives and paid commission. We were all teens and I rolled my eyes. This wouldn't work. Even my own parents wouldn't buy knives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 01:14 PM

140 posts, read 222,566 times
15 minutes before is the soonest. I arrived the the interview 15 minutes early as I always do and then the supervisor arrived 5 minutes late, and his employee who are also suppose to be at the interview arrived another 15 minutes late. If you and your employees don't care to be on time for an interview that they all scheduled why should I even be interested in the job? I'm interviewing them as much as they are interviewing me.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:52 PM

133 posts, read 174,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
Reread the original post please
I did read the original post. But just feel that thinking positively and being positive works wonders in life, especially when job searching!

Old 02-02-2015, 05:02 PM

133 posts, read 174,691 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Not to attack the OP but there seems to be a lot of negativity on the work and employment forums. Wish there were more positive or inspirational posts.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-04-2015 at 01:41 PM..

Old 02-02-2015, 05:05 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,579,801 times
I interviewed for a job five weeks ago till they contact me I still think I have the job

Old 02-02-2015, 05:07 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,782,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
The deadpan tone was enough for me to realize I wasn't getting the administrative assistant position.
I think the question was asking when did he applicant feel they were not impressed during the interview not the interviewer. Your situation sounds like the interviewer felt you wasn't the person for the job instead of the other way around.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:57 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,485,431 times
In the video game industry for a design position...

I asked my interviewers what they liked about the company and what they thought their strong point was. They replied super enthusiastically that all their game design is based off empirical data and market research, therefore every game is guaranteed to be profitable.

For me personally, it put a super sour taste in my mouth because I strongly believe something as creative as game design shouldn't be limited by the constraints of quantitative data. They basically were making cookie cutter games and reskins and were thrilled to be doing it...

Old 02-02-2015, 06:36 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,745,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I think the question was asking when did he applicant feel they were not impressed during the interview not the interviewer. Your situation sounds like the interviewer felt you wasn't the person for the job instead of the other way around.
Eh.

I also felt the job wasn't for me either.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:14 PM

520 posts, read 596,570 times
I worked at a company for 11 years. When I first interviewed there, it was for the position of allocator and I realized a few minutes into the interview that the position was vastly different than what I had known it from at another workplace. The person interviewing me realized at the same time that we had two different expectations of the job description. The interview lasted about 5 minutes and we were both laughing about it. I ended up working there for someone else in a different position.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:25 PM

2,638 posts, read 5,997,083 times
I actually almost did that for a job in 2003. Interview was nice but I asked for a walkthrough of the call center. It was an absolute dump. Paper files scattered all over the floor, stains, tiny cubicles, loud/no white noise suppressors, etc. A far cry from Cox Communications which has quite possibly the most attractive overall call center I've personally seen.

Not taking that job would have been a mistake, as it jump started where I am today and gave me critical skills, just by sticking with it and getting promoted from within.

Once when I was a young adult I applied for a job in the newspaper that indicated they needed "call center support". Talked to her on the phone and they did disclose it was a sales position. Scheduled an interview. I drove out to the address, it was a dump building in the middle of nowhere; no cars, no windows, nothing. I didn't even stop the car, just U-Turn and left. They never did bother to follow up with me either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search