Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcidom View Post
To Cleveburg: I know this posting is from 4 years ago and I hope ur still a member here. I just have some questions for now I will start with just one. Is it a good idea to return to a company you resigned from 8 years ago? The reason for resigning was due to having a very complicated pregnancy which caused me to stay on maternity leave for 6 months and the baby was born early and always had issues with health. So for me I worried about the baby and plus lack of sleep equals not be my 100% self that my job was used to prior. I was assigned to another supervisor who was very hard on her team and just had no empathy towards her team. I wasn't used to have a supervisor so strict and again not being at right mind so it caused conflicts a lot. So instead of not showing back up. I painfully explained to human resources that I could no longer continue my employment with the company. My idiot self on my resignation gave my reason other than to me a stay at home mom. I added that I had conflict with the new supervisor. The job may have been stressful but the pay and yearly bonuses lets just say I miss it so much. The company is always hiring but each time I apply for a position I never get not a call nor an email. I know that if your a former employee and if you dont keep in contact with someone there. If it shows on your resume your a former employee they will look over your application and rather go with someone with less experience that is not a former employee. Please help what can I do.
No advice except you may want to start a new thread. People may read the first post, realize it is 4 years old and stop. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,082 times
Should you put all dates of employment on a resume (i.e., jan 2011-jan.2012) ?

Old 07-02-2016, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 630 times
I'm in the same boat. I applied at Walmart and got hired now they're running the background check. Obviously mine is clean lol. However I'm more worried about the past history. I am only 18 years old so I can't have more than 2 year since legally you can only work at 16. I didn't add 1 of my 4 jobs on there. Will that make me un hirable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search