Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 02:41 PM

87 posts, read 144,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
It could mean that he had a quick update for you on the position and that you are still being considered
why the delay though? I doubt it takes a week to decide who to hire for an entry level position. gives me the vibe that I'm option 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 02:45 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,699,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfound View Post
why the delay though? I doubt it takes a week to decide who to hire for an entry level position. gives me the vibe that I'm option 2
ummm because it's Friday? Or because the sky is blue? Or because it might rain? Or even because you might be option #2.

I don't know how in the world you think that anyone here can possibly know unless they purely speculate.

Old 05-29-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
ummm because it's Friday? Or because the sky is blue? Or because it might rain? Or even because you might be option #2.

I don't know how in the world you think that anyone here can possibly know unless they purely speculate.
speculation form experience maybe. If someone has been through a similar situation

Old 05-29-2015, 03:05 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
It means you are number 2 and they are waiting to hear whether number 1 is taking the job. Or it means that no decision has been made yet because these things always take much longer than you think they will.

Old 05-29-2015, 03:56 PM

How long does number 1 have to accept?

Old 05-29-2015, 04:04 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,699,161 times
Quote:
How long does number 1 have to accept?
You will only know that answer if you ask #1 or the employer.

Every single situation is different! What is with you anyway?

If you are anything close to being like this with your current employer or prospective employers, I know would never hire you.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
You will only know that answer if you ask #1 or the employer.

Every single situation is different! What is with you anyway?

If you are anything close to being like this with your current employer or prospective employers, I know would never hire you.
These are very simple questions a job seeker would ask. U not wanting to hire me is irrelevant

Old 05-29-2015, 05:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnitegracie View Post
Great, so you are saying that the hiring manager wants to make the call to break up and not be forced into it by me? That seems unlikely. I have the feeling that a hiring manager has been faced with telling a candidate they weren't selected when a that candidate emails them for an update.
I once followed up on a job I really wanted and was told it was a hiring freeze. Then a week later I received a letter in the mail saying they chose another candidate for the job. So most people don't feel comfortable telling someone bad news because it becomes a very uncomfortable conversation.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:54 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Quote:
These are very simple questions a job seeker would ask. U not wanting to hire me is irrelevant
You are asking questions that are company specific. There is NO standard answer! Hopefully you did not display any of this unprofessional questioning with the interviewer because that would be a rejection if I was interviewing you. And as an FYI, you not wanting to hear opinions is irrelevant to reality!

Old 05-29-2015, 10:14 PM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
I had a good phone screen not too long ago. This coupled with a great reference from a guy that works at the company I applied to.

After I didn't hear back after 2 weeks, I wrote it off. On my previous jobs, it took about a week between phone screen and in person interview.

Well almost three weeks later, I get an email to set up an interview. I thought the interview went well, and the hiring manager said to contact him if I don't hear back in a week. It's been a week and no word yet, but I've been so busy at my current job, that it didn't even cross my mind to call back. Maybe it's a 'test,' who knows.

You just never know sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search