Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 AM

311 posts, read 477,648 times

Advertisements

Most likely scenario: Prospective employer takes a quick look at paystub, multiplies gross pay by ~ 26, and sees a number that roughly comes out to 50k. Figures "yeah, that's pretty close to what he reported to us" and doesn't give it a second thought.

Worst case: They mention to you that it looks like your pay is in the low 50's, whereas you reported it to be in the high 50's. You casually mention that you usually get about 10% overtime each year, but you didn't work any OT in the pay period for which you got the stub.

The only way I can see this being a big deal would be if you went through 5 rounds of salary negotiation with them, where you had to fight for every penny. Seeing that they offered you ~ 15% above your current salary, I'm guessing that's not the case, and your probably fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 05:37 PM

6 posts, read 5,786 times
HELLOOOO EVERYONEEE,

Sorry that I was not able to write anything to you guys last week. But here is the update: so they got back to me last week on Wednesday I think and had me sign up for adp for direct deposit, and for PTO information. And then they called me again to tell me what I should be expecting on the first day and what are some of the things that I need to bring.

So my FIRST day is tomorrow. Still havent heard anything about the salary. My manager and HR were both nice on the phone.. so no news, no trouble, etc. And it has been 3 weeks since the background check started.. so I am not sure if they are done and I have the GREEN light from here.

So this is the update and I will post my last update next Friday or so and still crossing my fingers for no trouble.

Take care guys and thanks for everything

Old 11-04-2015, 03:30 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk7777 View Post
HELLOOOO EVERYONEEE,

Sorry that I was not able to write anything to you guys last week. But here is the update: so they got back to me last week on Wednesday I think and had me sign up for adp for direct deposit, and for PTO information. And then they called me again to tell me what I should be expecting on the first day and what are some of the things that I need to bring.

So my FIRST day is tomorrow. Still havent heard anything about the salary. My manager and HR were both nice on the phone.. so no news, no trouble, etc. And it has been 3 weeks since the background check started.. so I am not sure if they are done and I have the GREEN light from here.

So this is the update and I will post my last update next Friday or so and still crossing my fingers for no trouble.

Take care guys and thanks for everything
I knew they wouldn't say anything. Most employers don't even look at the results of background checks unless there is a criminal record.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:13 PM

6 posts, read 5,786 times
Dear all,

My last message. It has been two weeks at my new job, got my first paycheck today, and no questions or problems so far. I am very happy and I would like to thank all of you for helping me when I was nervous. I wish you all the very best.. and thanks once again for the help

Old 11-14-2015, 11:23 AM

23 posts, read 20,413 times
I'm so glad things worked out for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search