Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 08:01 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,560,634 times

Advertisements

''Good and Plenty'' worth your hiring, Mr. Interviewer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 10:07 PM

853 posts, read 4,029,223 times
One Thousand Dollar Bar (times 100)!

But to be honest, the first thing that popped into my mind was "Rocky Road", which is ice-cream, and the second was M & M's because of the variety of colors. I didn't think of money until I read everyone else's answers. Good thing I was never asked this question in an interview!

Old 10-30-2015, 04:30 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,560,634 times
''I'm a Smartie! I'm no Dum Dum! Now hire me!''

Old 10-30-2015, 12:44 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,628,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
A jaw breaker. *balls hands into a fist*

Old 08-04-2018, 09:28 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,883,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Do companies really still ask foolish questions like this now days?
Well crazy interview question-type threads pop up here all the time, and I wouldn't put it past ANY hiring manager to beat the candy question. When you think you've heard it all, there is surely someone else out there who is drumming up something even more ridiculous who will manage to set the bar (no pun intended) even lower.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:53 PM

10,604 posts, read 12,074,577 times
We all know that question is BS. But I have to admit I was proud of myself because I had an immediate answer come to mind.

The first thing that came to my mind was....
"quick, what's one of your 'assets' that you have as a go-to answer for almost any question......."I'm flexible."

So immediately thought of a candy that's flexible.

Without missing a beat I thought: "Taffy...because it's flexible." (versatile)

((To be fair, I've been doing a lot of practice on personality based, BS interview questions. So I have a good number of my scenarios fairly ingrained at this point.))

Old 08-05-2018, 10:40 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,882,563 times
Good example of why you should be prepared for anything

Typically the questions will follow the behavioral-based or STAR format but every once in a while you will get the really off the wall interview question.

I've never been asked what kind of candy I would be, but I have been asked what US geographic feature I would be :: what type of tree I would be, and what type of animal I would be.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:01 AM

25 posts, read 18,776 times
I am glad I haven't been asked that. I wouldn't want to lose out on a great opportunity because I don't know how to answer such question. But then again, if you're asking me such a stupid question, chances are its probably not a place I want to work at anyway.

But if you ask me what Avengers character would I be and why, that's totally different.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:14 AM

10,604 posts, read 12,074,577 times
What kind of __________ would you be?

-- Tree -- Oak: strong roots -- OR sapling, young and flexible
-- Animal -- Eagle: soars to great heights, sees the big picture (no natural predators)
-- Superhero -- I hadn't thought about that BUT, if you've practiced these kinds of interview questions and are a pretty quick thinker anyway -- just PICK ONE and come up with that heroes best attributes. Without giving it much thought I'd just say Superman or Wonder Woman and pick a reason. The question is BS anyway...so just pick something and go with it.

I'll say one thing, these questions do i make you a better BS artist.
-- Piece of furniture -- duh.... lamp: because it illuminates any situation. Actually the first thing I thought of -- given that I'm sitting in a rocking chair right now -- was "rocking chair....because "it rocks!" But that's not a good JOB INTERVIEW answer.
-- Piece of office equipment -- pencil: because it's useful in many situations.
-- Food -- candy: because it's tasty was the first thing I thought of...but prob.ab.ly not a good interview answer So let's go with -- yet again -- picking up on the flexibility and versatility theme.....flour: because it can be used in many situations.

I'm telling you: practice, and once you catch on to the game...it's not that hard to play.

It's unfortunate that in many, many cases interviewing and hiring has come to this, but it is what it is.
I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut. -- Thank you to 1980s rapper Oran "juice" Jones

Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 AM

757 posts, read 1,092,213 times
The kind of candy that will pursue other opportunities that don't ask such stupid questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search