Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 06:38 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,764,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieregal495 View Post
Gee thanks for mentioning these solid key words! Now that I know what they are I can certainly include them!
What kind of a job are you looking for exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 07:43 AM

64 posts, read 47,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
What kind of a job are you looking for exactly?
I want to work in a store selling tech or clothing

Old 11-05-2015, 07:43 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Quote:
Thank you all for your input I will try to change the resume. it is not 8:05 am I am going to get ready and go to bestbuy and give them my resume.
Hopefully you changed it first...

Old 11-05-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
can you tell what to write instead I dont have alot of experience I used to work on a farm back home but those were dark days.... I am planning to walk into best buy soon.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:55 AM

162 posts, read 203,045 times
He is a young high school grad so I would not be surprised to see a resume like this from him. It's when they are adults, have worked, have some type of professional experience, and a college education to add that hand in resumes that are worst than this that have me shaking my head and absolutely dumbfounded.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
can you tell what to write instead I dont have alot of experience I used to work on a farm back home but those were dark days.... I am planning to walk into best buy soon.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:18 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
Quote:
Go to Google and look for 'sample resumes'. There is a ton of advice and examples of what you should be doing. No one on this forum is going to do your resume for you.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:29 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,042,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Go to Google and look for 'sample resumes'. There is a ton of advice and examples of what you should be doing. No one on this forum is going to do your resume for you.
Agreed. You are asking for somebody to perform professional services for you, and that costs money. you wouldn't be able to afford my rates.

You will get advice, but you need to do this on your own. Revise it using the tips you have received here, post an anonymized version, and you will probably get more feedback.

This is a skill that would be good for you to have. Practice it. Solve your own problems, it is a good work habit to develop.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:35 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Yeah sorry OP I don't have the time or ambition to help you write your resume "right now before you head to BestBuy". It takes time to make a good resume, even for people your age. If you think you can just throw some new words on it and go then you are in for some struggles. It sounds like you just want someone to do it for you. Not happening here. You need to do your research and rewrite your own resume just like all of us did and continue to do.

It make take a few days off and on of some research and writing but it will be better than if you just change a few words around. Sorry, there's nothing free in life.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:59 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,764,542 times
Quote:
I want to work in a store selling tech or clothing
Then your resume has to reflect that. How can you bring value to the company?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search