U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 01:33 PM

162 posts, read 134,139 times

Advertisements

Hey guys and gals. I just revised my resume and was looking to get a very honest critique on it before I start to hand it out. Thanks.

SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT LEADER, CERTIFIED LEAD AUDITOR, & KAIZEN FACILITATOR

Lean and DMAIC Six Sigma expert, engineer, and business professional with over nine years’ experience in process management, quality management, change management, continuous improvement, lean processing, big data, predictive analytics and failure analysis with both a leadership and results-oriented mindset. My goals are in reducing cost and improving quality. Four values that I bring are as follows:

✓ INNOVATIVE: Instrumental in the planning and design of a $96-million startup manufacturing plant by developing new ideas, cutting edge technology, and implementing lean processes resulting in a 20% increase in efficiency over the parent facility.

✓ PROBLEM SOLVER: Determined true root-cause and implemented corrective actions for a 71% reduction in assembly line generated material scrap from $6.15 to $1.77 per hour with a quarterly cost of rework savings of $174k.

✓ MANAGEMENT: Led and executed successful lean six sigma projects with a fiscal year total of $1.2M in cost savings ranging in formats such as black belt/green belt projects, Kaizens, Tiger Teams, Kanban Boards, 8D, and 5S.

✓ PASSION: Training, coaching, and mentoring experience in Six Sigma principles producing 14 certified greenbelts contributing $250k savings to the company’s bottom line through lean projects.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

EthosEnergy (Fort Worth, TX)
A $7 billion international energy services business of rotating equipment solutions to the power, oil & gas, and industrial markets that support the entire lifecycle of gas & steam turbines and compressors.

Sr. Compliance Officer (September 2014 – June 2015)

• Department lead of internal audits and process improvement projects in development of a new service excellence division generating a 32% reduction in customer critical to quality defects.

General Electric (GE) (Fort Worth, TX)
A $5.8 billion global transportation technology leader and supplier of equipment for the railroad, marine, mining, drilling, and energy generation industries.

Manufacturing Engineer VI (June 2012 – February 2014)

• Developed programs to standardize processes, operations, and product design resulting in discovery of business improvement opportunities with a 14% reduction in total Takt time, $786k total cost savings, and 78% decrease in product quality defects.

Bell Helicopter Textron (Amarillo, TX)
A $4.3 billion global leading supplier of helicopters and related spare parts and services who pioneered the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft and has delivered 35,000 aircrafts to customers around the world.

Sr. Quality Engineer (September 2011 – June 2012)

• Reduced workmanship related defects by 15.4% through the use of the DMAIC six sigma methods and tools resulting in an monthly cost savings of $8,250 totaling over $45,000 in a five-month period.

Babcock & Wilcox Pantex (Amarillo, TX)
A $3.3 billion global leader in advanced energy, environmental technologies, and services for the power and industrial markets.

Process Engineer IV (January 2006 – September 2011)

• Designed and implemented a surveillance sampling program resulting in a 78% reduction in cycle time and decreasing the total average process time from 12 to 3 hours.

TECHNICAL SKILLS

➢ Minitab
➢ Oracle Analytics
➢ IBM SPSS
➢ Access SQL
➢ VBA/Macros
➢ MS Project
➢ MS Excel
➢ MS Visio

CERTIFICATIONS

ISO 9001: 2008 Certified Lead Auditor, AQS Management Systems, Houston, TX (2014)
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, General Electric (GE) Corporation, Fairfield, CT (2013)
Super Genba Kaizen Certification, Shingijutsu USA Corporation, Fort Worth, TX (2013)
Graduate Certification of Leadership, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX (2011)

EDUCATION

Master of Business Administration (MBA), Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX (2011)
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 01:59 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,392,796 times
Consider the following changes:

Quote:
My goals are in reducing cost and improving quality. Four values that I bring are as follows:
My expertise are in cost reduction and quality improvements through:

INNOVATION
ANALYSIS
MANAGEMENT
LEADERSHIP

Quote:
Department lead of internal audits and process improvement projects in development of a new service excellence division generating a 32% reduction in customer critical to quality defects
Led internal audits department and responsible for developing a new service excellence division which reduced customer critical to quality defects by 32% [in what duration?].

Quote:
Developed programs to standardize processes, operations, and product design resulting in discovery of business improvement opportunities with a 14% reduction in total Takt time, $786k total cost savings, and 78% decrease in product quality defects.
Developed programs to standardize processes, operations, and product design resulted in the following improvements: a 14% reduction in total Takt [talk?]time, $786k total cost savings [in what? from what?], and 78% decrease in product quality defects [over what duration? annually? one-time?]

Quote:
Reduced workmanship related defects by 15.4% through the use of the DMAIC six sigma methods and tools resulting in an monthly cost savings of $8,250 totaling over $45,000 in a five-month period.
Developed [identified] tools and implemented DMAIC six sigma processes which reduced workmanship-related defects by 15.4% - equates to saving a total of $45,000 over a five-month period.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:40 PM

162 posts, read 134,139 times
Thank you so much jaypee for your comments. I will look into incorporating them into the resume.

Any others are welcome to help me out if they see something I may have missed or could be phrased better.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:37 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,392,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

Developed programs to standardize processes, operations, and product design which resulted in the following improvements: a 14% reduction in total Takt [talk?]time, $786k total cost savings [in what? from what?], and 78% decrease in product quality defects [over what duration? annually? one-time?]

Developed [identified] tools and implemented DMAIC six sigma processes which reduced workmanship-related defects by 15.4% and equates to a $45,000 savings over a five-month period.

Watch out for my own mistakes ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search