U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 03:20 PM

64 posts, read 37,518 times

Advertisements

Hi I got a job mopping floors at Papa johns because I was desperate , I do was not looking for that kind of job but I had to learn to get off my high horse because there are no other jobs available I hope none of my friends see me and take pictures omg anyways what bank is best for me to open an account to get paid in? There is TD bank, chase, BOA but idk please help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 05:39 AM

4,343 posts, read 7,984,165 times
It really depends on how you plan on banking (online, branch, mobile, ATM?).

All of these banks will provide products and services that may or my not work for you based on availability, convenience, cost, etc. You should also look at credit unions - who will often have smaller fees (if any).

Old 11-10-2015, 08:28 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,333,709 times
depends on how you will use it.. if you don't have much and are going to do direct deposit i would go with an online bank that refunds atm fees from other banks (like ally); just watch the fees. you have to manage your account regardless of the bank you choose. Overdraft fees and monthly fees can eat away at what you have.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:48 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,764 posts, read 54,390,602 times
I would avoid banks completely and go with a local major credit union. They will actually pay interest on checking and savings, and not charge fees with a small minimum balance. Banks look for every opportunity to take some of your money. We belong to two credit unions, have pay automatically deposited, and pay all of our bills online. Even when we got a car loan we didn't have to set foot in the credit union office.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:51 AM

35,108 posts, read 40,202,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieregal495 View Post
Hi I got a job mopping floors at Papa johns because I was desperate , I do was not looking for that kind of job but I had to learn to get off my high horse because there are no other jobs available I hope none of my friends see me and take pictures omg anyways what bank is best for me to open an account to get paid in? There is TD bank, chase, BOA but idk please help me?

I would say whatever bank will open an account for you.
One cannot just walk into a bank and open an account, you have to apply
and get approved and yes they will know if you lie on the application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or