U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 12:01 PM

140 posts, read 137,834 times

Advertisements

So about maybe 6 months ago I interviewed for a job at Jiffy lube which didn't go so well. I ended up re applying and now I just got a call about an interview. Jiffy lube around where I live interviews a lot of people (I guess they go through employees fast or something), but the thing is I have seen the interviewing manager at my other job (movie theater) twice and he remembered me.

I should mention it's at a different location this time but I think it's the same manager.. not sure.

Should I go ahead and try to interview or would it just be awkward/weird? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 12:10 PM

582 posts, read 495,884 times
showing your commitments and dedications to find a job is a must have. When you strive to get a job and put food on the table, put pride and other personal ego aside. You have nothing to lose to give it another shot.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:20 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,777 posts, read 54,424,430 times
It might seem a bit awkward, but the manager may actually not remember you. With such a high turnover they probably interview a lot of people, and the fact that you got an interview again means it's unlikely you were remembered. Since the first interview didn't go well, hopefully you learned from it and now have the opportunity to do a lot better. Go, and good luck.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:56 PM

5,028 posts, read 3,213,089 times
I'd say go for it.

I applied for a position with a company in Portland about 2 years ago. I was interviewed and rejected. Then out of the blue (6 months later) they call me asking to come for another interview. As I was employed I told them simply "You should have chosen me first, then you wouldn't be looking for a new employee" I then hung up...Never cared to look back.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:59 PM

9,778 posts, read 16,979,525 times
No reason not to.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:02 PM

3,311 posts, read 3,550,988 times
Take a breath mint this time, ha haaaa.

Seriously, best of luck!

Old 11-11-2015, 01:07 PM

17,002 posts, read 20,676,296 times
Yes, go for it and best of luck.

Old 11-13-2015, 05:44 AM

162 posts, read 134,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameridreamNoT View Post
showing your commitments and dedications to find a job is a must have. When you strive to get a job and put food on the table, put pride and other personal ego aside. You have nothing to lose to give it another shot.
I totally agree. You needed to put egos aside. It is all business and not personal. They didn't have a need for you then or hired someone else who better fit at that particular moment. Apply and interview again if you see or hear that they have a new opportunity. Does the past even matter anymore if you get the job? I hope not because if it did then you got bigger problems then finding a job. I say go to the damn interview and make sure you get it this time around. Not many people get a second chance like you just did. Don't waste it!

Old 11-13-2015, 11:43 AM

4,654 posts, read 2,290,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I'd say go for it.

I applied for a position with a company in Portland about 2 years ago. I was interviewed and rejected. Then out of the blue (6 months later) they call me asking to come for another interview. As I was employed I told them simply "You should have chosen me first, then you wouldn't be looking for a new employee" I then hung up...Never cared to look back.
Ah, I hate when that happens. You get rejected and then a few months later they contact you like nothing ever happened. And then they're upset that you've moved on and want nothing to do with them.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:44 PM

12,170 posts, read 10,349,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Ah, I hate when that happens. You get rejected and then a few months later they contact you like nothing ever happened. And then they're upset that you've moved on and want nothing to do with them.
Perfect time to explore the option and ask for a boatload of money and see how desperate they really are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or