U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 06:59 PM

64 posts, read 37,544 times

Advertisements

Hello goodnight remember me?

There was a point last week when I was desperate for a job and now 3 employer have called me offering positions but I do not know which one of the positions is best.

What I am looking for is good pay and also security because I need a long term position and also I want a job that I can learn things and get good references from but I do not know which opportunity is the most fruitful please help me decide as I list all the factors:

1. H&M
Position: Brand Rep
Commute: 1 hour
Location\Fifth Avenue
I do not know what rate they pay at however I got the job through a connection and it seems a very easy job standing around, folding clothes and helping people pick what they are to wear. The location is also very nice and upscale which I like however it's a 1 hour commute. They are having my orientation this Sunday.

2. Best Buy
Position: Sales Consultant
Commute: 20 minutes
The store seems very clean and warm, a very nice young-man recommended that I try to apply and I did. However I did not receive a call from them but someone from this website suggested that I go to the store in person, the woman I spoke to called me today and offered me a seasonal position and said it might turn into a part time position when the new year comes. I heard best buy pays over the minimum wage but I don't know if it will increase when NYC minimum wage increases to $15. She scheduled me for an interview tomorrow at 12 pm.

3. Papajohns
Position: cleaner
Commute: 5 minutes
A pizza place down the road from my house, I went in and asked about a job aas instructed by someone off of this website and I was told to write my name on a piece of paper and also my phone number. I have yet to receive a callback. I could always walk there and check in person but I am not sure I want this position.

Please I am lost and don't know what to do I really want job 1 and 2 but the buy manger says they want someone who is available for a large amount of time but I already got the job at H&M but I think ebstbuy pays more please tell me what to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 07:03 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,230,180 times
The offer you choose is a decision only you can make for yourself.
No one here can tell you what to do, they do not know you, your strengths, your weaknesses or your working ethics outside of the fabricating of references you posted about.

I thought you posted the other day you already got a job and were asking about a bank for direct deposit.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The offer you choose is a decision only you can make for yourself.
No one here can tell you what to do, they do not know you, your strengths, your weaknesses or your working ethics outside of the fabricating of references you posted about.

I thought you posted the other day you already got a job and were asking about a bank for direct deposit.
Actually it turns out I wasn't really hired.....now I need advice please tell me what would you do?

Old 11-11-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieregal495 View Post
Actually it turns out I wasn't really hired.....now I need advice please tell me what would you do?
I cannot tell you what I would do because I am not the one involved in this situation.

I can tell you what I did do many years ago, I got tired of getting up, showered, dressed and going to work so I bought a Semi, hired a driver and leased on with a company.
I do not have to leave my home if I don't want to, all I do is keep the legal items required legal, pay the bills and stay in my pajamas if I want to.

This is your life and your decision and part of maturity is learning how to make a decision about one's life on their own.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:28 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,335,327 times
these are all going to be low paying jobs.. but H&M and Best Buy will certainly have some type of sales factor. Are you used to that?

I would rule out the 1 hr commute for minimum wage if i were you.. But also keep looking - neither one is going to give you much job security or skills to be honest

Old 11-12-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
these are all going to be low paying jobs.. but H&M and Best Buy will certainly have some type of sales factor. Are you used to that?

I would rule out the 1 hr commute for minimum wage if i were you.. But also keep looking - neither one is going to give you much job security or skills to be honest
But i want to work on 5th avenue with all the rich people thats y i want the h&m

Old 11-12-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieregal495 View Post
But i want to work on 5th avenue with all the rich people thats y i want the h&m

So you made your decision based on your perception of those who are on 5th avenue.

Alrighty then.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:19 AM

Was it a bad decision?

Old 11-12-2015, 06:37 AM

15,024 posts, read 21,736,236 times
An hour commute would be a deal breaker 5th avenue or not. Whatever you decided you'll be fine.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:49 AM

12,170 posts, read 10,353,957 times
Bad decision. 1 hour commuter for near minimum wage or 20 minute commute for near minimum wage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or