U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 06:11 PM

112 posts, read 114,045 times

Advertisements

I am in or was in a similar situation for the past 3 or 4 months. Found a job right ut of college but lost it do to a whole slew of things that's irrelevant right now. I was out of work since August. Bills were piling up and no help from family. I was helping my mom financially and my dad is about on the same level as yours. But besides constantly applying to jobs, I found little side jobs and I donated plasma as much as I could. There were plenty of times I felt depressed and forelorn. They tell you that college is supposed to be the key to success but its really not. The key is persistence, experience and never giving up. Keep applying, keep looking for other sources of income like donating plasma or maybe trying to go to places that need help maybe for that day only or something. Having a defeatist attitude can really hurt you in more ways than one. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 PM

71 posts, read 44,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corymartine View Post
I am in or was in a similar situation for the past 3 or 4 months. Found a job right ut of college but lost it do to a whole slew of things that's irrelevant right now. I was out of work since August. Bills were piling up and no help from family. I was helping my mom financially and my dad is about on the same level as yours. But besides constantly applying to jobs, I found little side jobs and I donated plasma as much as I could. There were plenty of times I felt depressed and forelorn. They tell you that college is supposed to be the key to success but its really not. The key is persistence, experience and never giving up. Keep applying, keep looking for other sources of income like donating plasma or maybe trying to go to places that need help maybe for that day only or something. Having a defeatist attitude can really hurt you in more ways than one. Good luck!
Thank you for your kind words. This job hunt at times gets me down. Sometimes I am extremely sad and depressed like the day I wrote the original post, while other times I'm happy like today. I'm in a good place today because I believe something will come through!! Again thanks, I really appreciate your response!

Old 11-18-2015, 06:54 PM

Update: So, the employer I been responding with over emails, yeah the one who had me job shadow, but later told me they weren't looking to fill the position again. Yeah that employer, lol! She calls me today about possibly being interested in an administrative job. She trying to see if I can see myself working in the position at least for a year. I was like sure!! I'm excited at the possibility. She will discuss it with the owner and let me know. I hope the third time is charm. However, the phrase goes. Wish me luck!!

Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 PM

848 posts, read 641,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Having Faith in GA View Post
Update: So, the employer I been responding with over emails, yeah the one who had me job shadow, but later told me they weren't looking to fill the position again. Yeah that employer, lol! She calls me today about possibly being interested in an administrative job. She trying to see if I can see myself working in the position at least for a year. I was like sure!! I'm excited at the possibility. She will discuss it with the owner and let me know. I hope the third time is charm. However, the phrase goes. Wish me luck!!
I hope you get that job! I will be praying for you!

Like others said in this thread don't give up. You will find something real soon. If you like hospitality and sales, apply to aerotek or kelly services as a recruiter. I know a guy with a history degree doing that and he just got promoted to account manager and is making a decent salary.

Just keep applying every single day. Make a goal to apply to 50-100 places a week until you find something. The more positions you apply to the higher your chances of landing a position.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:29 PM

9,778 posts, read 16,990,740 times
Good luck on that. I hope it works out for you.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:51 PM

Thanks you guys. But today, I just seen both positions she asked me about posted five hours ago on indeed including the one she was no longer filling, lol. I'm tired of the games!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or