U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 03:02 PM

287 posts, read 330,737 times

Advertisements

In may industries, the only way to advance quickly and get to the better money is by jumping from company to company. Go for it. Just make sure you leave your company on the best note possible and stay in touch everyone. Today's lowly employee may be the CEO ten years from now, and you may be looking for another jump some day.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 03:03 PM

23,700 posts, read 17,660,009 times
It's a far superior offer on paper. I'd judge the cultural fit of it, but if there are no obvious red flags, take it.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:04 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,601,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
It's a far superior offer on paper. I'd judge the cultural fit of it, but if there are no obvious red flags, take it.
I've actually worked with the (sub/CM relationship) before so I am aware of the culture. It is very entrepreneurial and innovative. The people who run it are young and energetic with a passion to make the company grow.

I just don't know how to tell my current employer that I wasn't looking but this kind came up and it is very good (it aligns perfectly with my personal goals).

Old 11-23-2015, 11:11 AM

12,202 posts, read 10,413,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
I've actually worked with the (sub/CM relationship) before so I am aware of the culture. It is very entrepreneurial and innovative. The people who run it are young and energetic with a passion to make the company grow.

I just don't know how to tell my current employer that I wasn't looking but this kind came up and it is very good (it aligns perfectly with my personal goals).
I wouldn't worry too much about what to tell your employer. You simply tell them an offer came up that you can't pass. If they pry and ask why you were looking, then they don't really deserve more info. Hopefully they are smart enough to know that people look for other jobs and are always trying to improve themselves and their situations. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:26 AM

I took the offer! Next step is notice.

The offer/growth potential is great and fits in with my plan.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:32 AM

12,202 posts, read 10,413,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
I took the offer! Next step is notice.

The offer/growth potential is great and fits in with my plan.
The only way to do it is like a bandaid. Trust me. I've done this a few times and the more you wait, the worse it will be. Just walk in there right now and get it done.

Congrats and good decision!

Old 11-24-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
The only way to do it is like a bandaid. Trust me. I've done this a few times and the more you wait, the worse it will be. Just walk in there right now and get it done.

Congrats and good decision!
Did it!!

Crazy, I am excited to start this new chapter. More chances and this lines up to what my wife and I need in a couple years.

Thank you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search