U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 12:39 PM

1,239 posts, read 1,709,677 times

Advertisements

Here's an idea. Don't do drugs. Then it doesn't matter if you get drug tested or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 12:44 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,460,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
Here's an idea. Don't do drugs. Then it doesn't matter if you get drug tested or not.
Maybe the OP wants to do drugs... Without understanding the OP's goals, I find your advice a bit premature.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:46 PM

7,112 posts, read 9,356,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Take nothing for granted. Study for that test!

This is excellent advice.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:59 PM

5,560 posts, read 8,906,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
Is it ok to drink?

Old 11-21-2015, 08:17 PM

637 posts, read 440,656 times
Drink prune juice and fill that cup with your tootsie rolls that'll show them!

Old 11-22-2015, 09:00 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,339,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
I am close to 40 and I was employment drug tested only once in my lifetime.

In my last job search, I interviewed with the company that does mandatory drug tests and background checks for the medical industry. We did not hit it off on the interview as the manager said that the previous person in that position was a 9-5er. I leave the office at 5:00 p.m sharp.

I even ordered some tea on amazon that supposedly masks the weed in my urine.

The thing is, I am in a situation where I can openly tell recruiters that I have no intention on passing an employment drug test for marijuana.

In my previous position, my employment contract stated that the company reserves the right to drug test at any time. After working for that company for over 1 year, something became hilariously obvious. A company wide drug tests, more then 50% of current employees would fail from marijuana.

There are industries where this is mandatory though.

I mean if we legalized weed, law enforcement professionals would be able to enjoy it.

I have only looked in to it quickly, but living in a Medical Marijuana State, and not denying that I use the medicinal properties of this substance, getting a formal prescription might help with drug tests and legal problems (should any arise).

But I would expect this to cost a couple thousand bucks. MJ stays in your blood for a month, while dangerous drugs like cocaine and heroine only stay for a couple of days.
even if you have a medical mj card that does not stop you from being fired if you don't pass a drug test. It just means that if you're following the laws you won't be arrested for using.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:03 PM

581 posts, read 481,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
even if you have a medical mj card that does not stop you from being fired if you don't pass a drug test. It just means that if you're following the laws you won't be arrested for using.
Would you please cut the crap?? How can a company legally fire you for using MJ if you have a mj card? That is like firing someone because they have a prescription for painkillers?

Old 11-22-2015, 09:11 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,339,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
Would you please cut the crap?? How can a company legally fire you for using MJ if you have a mj card? That is like firing someone because they have a prescription for painkillers?
haha- are you serious? maybe you should take a look at your state laws and employment law.. it's NOT protected. And it is NOT the same as a normal prescription drug. You've got to be kidding.. I live in CA where you can find any online MD who will prescribe a medical MJ card for $50 and a lame excuse as your reason. Prescription drugs and a Medical MJ card are not in the same class whatsoever. Try going to your regular doctor and see if they give you a MJ card.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:22 PM

9,266 posts, read 11,857,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
See the federal court case Curray v MillerCoors for the courts reasoning.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:42 PM

581 posts, read 481,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
haha- are you serious? maybe you should take a look at your state laws and employment law.. it's NOT protected. And it is NOT the same as a normal prescription drug. You've got to be kidding.. I live in CA where you can find any online MD who will prescribe a medical MJ card for $50 and a lame excuse as your reason. Prescription drugs and a Medical MJ card are not in the same class whatsoever. Try going to your regular doctor and see if they give you a MJ card.
This is from Forbes:

" In some states—such as Arizona, Delaware, and Minnesota—statutes expressly prohibit employers from firing an employee for a positive marijuana drug test if that employee holds a valid marijuana card."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or