Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 10:03 AM

5 posts, read 2,896 times

Advertisements

I am a 23 obese, unemployed, community college drop out female living at home with parents with seemingly no job prospects in sight.

The gist of my work history counts for 1 week and a day with 4 temp agencies.

The most recent assignment was in April where I worked in a factory packaging bagged items for $7.25.

I lost that one like the others because I got frustrated I couldn't do a simple tasks correctly and quickly. When

I get frustrated I cry, when I cry I get embarrassed, when embarrassed I never return to the place I cried at.

Now months later I have no job nothing to look forward too and no money because I can't handle my emotions.

I don't know what to do the only jobs I do get are through temp agencies and I'm going through them like a bag of Cheetos.

Everything I do I'm failing at it. I can't stick to anything long term and since I know I have somewhere to fall back too why bother right?

They don't care what I do as long as I don't get pregnant because parents say it destroys peoples lives. My other female siblings have kids and looks like their doing well.

I should find someone on Craigslist and hopefully get pregnant also.

I am seriously asking who the hell would hire me ? i can't pass a normal interview lack of social skills, and the temp agencies I see hiring are all the ones i wen't to. and haveb;t heard from or can';t go back too.

long story short i need a job i read today that keeping popping a rubber band around your writs can keep you from crying so i will try that or something cuz i need something i can't do this anymore and my parents are getting to old to worry about my fat, dumb, worthles peice of crap.

right now i'm in the house with no clue what to do. right now right at this instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 10:16 AM

ok i am craiglist in the milwaukee area job section and i see jobs that i can clearly not qualified for i am looking in general labor, food and bev, and retail. these places require exp which i don't have and seriously who will hire someone that is fat and disgusting like me to work in the public eye. c'mon now. and my tub of lard will not go away any time soon.

i would love to work for amazon warehouse in kenosha for 14 dollars an hour but that is way too far from way i stay no bus goes out there

Old 11-18-2015, 10:19 AM

120 posts, read 119,202 times
Maybe finding a work coach/mentor would help you with establishing confidence in your abilities?

Old 11-18-2015, 10:27 AM

i am so stupid that warehouse job was such a good deal and i even had a job that was 10.25 that was the most i ever made but couldn't even last a month. i can't even put that on a resume...how the heck was i suppose to do this..i took me forever to get those two..full time also..i'm so behind..

i am so glad at least i don't plan on having a kid or any sort of relationship in the future..i need to get all of this straighted out.

if only my mother can get me into her job likek she did all my other sisters..but the owner liked them they are so fun and outgoing..why did i run away,,

Old 11-18-2015, 10:32 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
I STRONGLY suggest you call a social service organization, a pastor, a mentor to talk with someone. You need to work on your attitude about yourself and your confidence.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahut2000 View Post
Maybe finding a work coach/mentor would help you with establishing confidence in your abilities?
your right i need to find one someone but i don't much confidence in anything well confident in my ability to sit on my butt all day..

and right a mentor will be nice i think i had one of those somewhat but since they changed this employment building around i used to go he doesn't work their anymore.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:56 AM

1,517 posts, read 1,665,735 times
STOP with the self-sabotage. Contact Goodwill Industries in your area and ask about job search services.

Find Jobs and Services | Goodwill Industries International, Inc.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:03 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,765,228 times
No offense but the first thing I would do is work on your weight. I was overweight like you, but cutting down on a lot of things I used to eat help me shed pounds and regain my confidence. With the state of the economy, no employer wants to hire someone who may become a health liability down the road.

Thats the honest truth.

I would try Best Buy for some pocket money. Tbh, they will hire someone who can work part time.

I agree that you need to speak with someone as well. Speaking with my uncle, grandmother and pastor helped me through the darkest hour of my life.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
No offense but the first thing I would do is work on your weight. I was overweight like you, but cutting down on a lot of things I used to eat help me shed pounds and regain my confidence. With the state of the economy, no employer wants to hire someone who may become a health liability down the road.

Thats the honest truth.

I would try Best Buy for some pocket money. Tbh, they will hire someone who can work part time.

I agree that you need to speak with someone as well. Speaking with my uncle, grandmother and pastor helped me through the darkest hour of my life.
none taken i already know about my weight i have been struggling since I was a kid. eating is the only thing that gave me any sort of pleasure in my life cutting down is going to difficult.

i'd rather not have anyone who actually knows me because i don't know trust strangers with and sure as hell dont trust my family members without the benefit of anonymity.

and i will look at best buy thanks.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:47 PM

888 posts, read 805,753 times
A friend of mine is 450 lbs and works as a teacher assistant sitting on a chair part time all day. Nobody will hire him. 44 years old and committed to the junk food. He and his wife order pizza 5 times a week. And why not when you have pots and pans with last weeks leftovers in the sink and on the counter you don't want to cook. They're slobs. Start walking now. Get yourself in some shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search