U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2015, 09:26 PM

363 posts, read 309,355 times

Advertisements

I got a call for a technical assistance position for a good company that I am interested in. First I got a call asking if I am interested, three days later I got a call asking me if I am still interested. They seemed very interested in me and emailed me the link for the job posting and benefits offered. She also said in the email to let her know when I receive the email to ensure I got it.

This happened a week before Thanksgiving, and she said she will contact me within a week. Since Thanksgiving week is short, I am planning to wait until next week. My question is would it be out of line to check next week by emailing her? I was planning to say that I was confirming if they still want me since I've been putting my job search on hold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 09:16 AM

10,058 posts, read 4,660,435 times
call and leave a voicemail, then wait until next week to call again...
leaving a message and letting her get to it when she gets back is the normal way of using voicemail...

you want to wait a week AND not let her know you are still interested? It might be filled before you decide to call back

unless the entire hr department is off, cant you just call them and ask for someone that IS there? I do that from time to time, they might not be handling your file but they can at least let you know when she is back as well

I prefer voicemail... emails are too "easy" these days and get bogged down. For some reason millennials when presented with choice of voicemail/email, they pick email... I just leave and email and seem to get a call back before I get an email back more often than not

Old 12-01-2015, 05:01 AM

181 posts, read 426,126 times
Millenials aren't the only ones that prefer email. I'm a baby boomer and hate voicemail. They can be poor quality and hard to hear/understand, plus you have frequently have to transcribe something from them. Playing back long ones to catch that phone number that went by too fast at the end can be a time-wasting PIA. Email is a far superior way to have a record of a phone number, an email address or anything else of note.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:48 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,109,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Moth View Post
Millenials aren't the only ones that prefer email. I'm a baby boomer and hate voicemail. They can be poor quality and hard to hear/understand, plus you have frequently have to transcribe something from them. Playing back long ones to catch that phone number that went by too fast at the end can be a time-wasting PIA. Email is a far superior way to have a record of a phone number, an email address or anything else of note.
^^^ This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or