U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 06:00 PM

341 posts, read 1,014,332 times

Advertisements

It's an HR Generalist position and 47,000 a year which is like 10,000 more than what I'm making now. It sounds tempting but the company sounds a bit sketchy. I look online and they seem like a fun start-up type culture but ts a marketing promotion company.

40 reviews online, 3.5 out of 4 stars from previous employees but it sounds too good to be true with a few people claiming it's a scam, pyramid scheme, door to door sales company, etc.

Money is tempting but not sure if I want to work for a company like that... They left me a voice message to meet.

Here's what their site says they do:
“What we do”
We provide instant, extensive and hard-hitting sales and marketing campaigns which can provide immediate results using our b2b, b2c, residential, and events based marketing system.
This was on their site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 07:52 PM

20,419 posts, read 37,636,044 times
Trust your gut.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:16 PM

793 posts, read 1,287,875 times
You are smart enough to realize that something isn't right. Marketing company to me means quick turnover and lots more headache than they are worth.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:27 PM

2,826 posts, read 1,865,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle21689 View Post
It's an HR Generalist position and 47,000 a year which is like 10,000 more than what I'm making now. It sounds tempting but the company sounds a bit sketchy. I look online and they seem like a fun start-up type culture but ts a marketing promotion company.

40 reviews online, 3.5 out of 4 stars from previous employees but it sounds too good to be true with a few people claiming it's a scam, pyramid scheme, door to door sales company, etc.

Money is tempting but not sure if I want to work for a company like that... They left me a voice message to meet.

“What we do”
We provide instant, extensive and hard-hitting sales and marketing campaigns which can provide immediate results using our b2b, b2c, residential, and events based marketing system.
This was on their site.
Sales. That's all you need.

Sales jobs are zero income until you sell something. Insurance sales are regular payment once you have customers. If you are lucky, you have a job where you are paid to do what you do, but in some cases HR means instead of selling product you sell employees on the job. No longer working for peanuts, but now stressful pressure to sell. Work retail instead.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,777 posts, read 54,424,430 times
A wise person once said "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Old 12-02-2015, 07:50 AM

12,170 posts, read 10,349,101 times
I guess even Amway needs an HR generalist too! Those scammers stop at nothing.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:39 AM

454 posts, read 399,874 times
They might operate that way but im sure they still need a corp office of some type.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:35 PM

3,139 posts, read 3,506,948 times
I'd leave it. Trust your instincts!

Old 12-05-2015, 05:44 PM

393 posts, read 261,309 times
Quote:

“What we do”
This was on their site.

if people are leaving review saying it is a scam then it probably is. Vector marketing used to be like this in the olden days, but they didn't have a website. Once you interviewed with them you found out the job was selling knives door to door and you had to buy your start up supplies. I am not sure how that would translate to HR unless they are playing fast and loose with the job descriptions and everyone is in sales.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:44 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,970,765 times
Quote:

“What we do”
This was on their site.
Ugh...stay away. Or continue on and troll them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search