U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-08-2015, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
11,145 posts, read 14,121,705 times
Reputation: 7075

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No. You are dealing in low unemployment cities,and they cannot avoid job hoppers. Ct can, due to mediocre unemployment and corp hqs possibly fleeing, so there job hopping harms you. Note the stark difference in results.
Maybe that explains why I am having an extremely hard time even getting ONE employer in Hartford to even show interest in me.

But I think Chicagoland could work out great. It's not that expensive. And my brother and his wife live just 2.5 hours up the street in Wisconsin. I also like how Chicago has direct flights to Hartford. Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2015, 06:11 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 10,517,357 times
Reputation: 6606
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Maybe that explains why I am having an extremely hard time even getting ONE employer in Hartford to even show interest in me.

But I think Chicagoland could work out great. It's not that expensive. And my brother and his wife live just 2.5 hours up the street in Wisconsin. I also like how Chicago has direct flights to Hartford. Yay!
So does Minneapolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2015, 06:19 PM
 
18,873 posts, read 7,339,586 times
Reputation: 8071
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Maybe that explains why I am having an extremely hard time even getting ONE employer in Hartford to even show interest in me.

But I think Chicagoland could work out great. It's not that expensive. And my brother and his wife live just 2.5 hours up the street in Wisconsin. I also like how Chicago has direct flights to Hartford. Yay!

It does , but Chicago to NYC costs less, as there is more competition than Chicago-Bradley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2015, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
11,145 posts, read 14,121,705 times
Reputation: 7075
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
It does , but Chicago to NYC costs less, as there is more competition than Chicago-Bradley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2015, 07:47 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 10,517,357 times
Reputation: 6606
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Come on, nep. That would happen with any airline route that's not as frequently served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2015, 07:47 PM
 
18,873 posts, read 7,339,586 times
Reputation: 8071
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

What is the problem?


You either need to be flexible, or accept wasting money.


Your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2015, 07:52 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 10,517,357 times
Reputation: 6606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
What is the problem?


You either need to be flexible, or accept wasting money.


Your choice.
That's his emoticon whenever he discovers something isn't as great as it sounded. It's self-explanatory that a route to Hartford would be priced more than a NYC route would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM
 
18,873 posts, read 7,339,586 times
Reputation: 8071
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
That's his emoticon whenever he discovers something isn't as great as it sounded. It's self-explanatory that a route to Hartford would be priced more than a NYC route would.

Naturally. I'm going to Miami in the winter, and open to Bradley, Philadelphia, LaGuardia, or Newark, and Bradley is a 2.5 hour drive. Flexibility is key if you do not like burning cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2015, 08:21 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 10,517,357 times
Reputation: 6606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Naturally. I'm going to Miami in the winter, and open to Bradley, Philadelphia, LaGuardia, or Newark, and Bradley is a 2.5 hour drive. Flexibility is key if you do not like burning cash.
I just looked on Google Flights and in various months, the best price for Chicago-Hartford is 300 round trip. That'll probably be a shock to nep. When I lived in Tampa, I flew to Los Angeles a lot...and only one airline flew nonstop and only once a day, so I had to pay the premium but it was worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2015, 08:26 PM
 
18,873 posts, read 7,339,586 times
Reputation: 8071
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I just looked on Google Flights and in various months, the best price for Chicago-Hartford is 300 round trip. That'll probably be a shock to nep. When I lived in Tampa, I flew to Los Angeles a lot...and only one airline flew nonstop and only once a day, so I had to pay the premium but it was worth it.


Southwest Midway to LaGuardia next month is $41. Most likely the same on way back. $82 round trip. Bags included.


Southwest Midway to Bradley round trip starts at $252 next month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top