U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 08:26 AM

110 posts, read 79,907 times

Advertisements

"Hi-----

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

It was a pleasure speaking with you as well. At this time, we may be considering an internal candidate for the Associate position in the ------office. I should have an update by next week, so why don’t we plan on touching base at that time.

Thank you again for your email, and for your continued interest in -------!"

So in summary I applied to two positions with this company, had over the phone an interview the week of Thanksgiving and it went great--- well at least to it did to me....discussed the option of being a great candidate for either position .. did the routine thank you email and followup the next week and that was the response sent above... the update by next week was yesterday and still no response ,do you think the recruiter is simply trying to say sorry you weren't chosen??? Should I even attempt to send another email say tomorrow to check the status?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 08:40 AM

12,184 posts, read 10,363,776 times
They are saying exactly what they are saying. They are probably going to hire an internal person and if they don't, they will be in touch. Maybe followup once more and then leave it at that. Say something like, just wanted to let you know of my continued interest blah blah blah if the internal candidate does not work out.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:15 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,806 posts, read 54,470,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
They are saying exactly what they are saying. They are probably going to hire an internal person and if they don't, they will be in touch. Maybe followup once more and then leave it at that. Say something like, just wanted to let you know of my continued interest blah blah blah if the internal candidate does not work out.
I agree, move on and keep looking. There may be a slight chance but don't count on it. I have b=been burned by that before too, twice. This is why now as a hiring manager when I have a qualified internal candidate I don't open it to the public. Currently I have an opening and it's a 4 day internal only announcement. If no one suitable applies (not likely) then I'll open it up to the public.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses funny enough shortly thereafter, I received a rejection email as you guys mentioned above. however, I'm a bit confused as the named mention in the greeting of the email was wrong. I honestly could not believe the recruiter really could be that careless as my email is my firstandlastname@....com?? Guess I should let it go right on confirming whether or not the email was truly meant for me? the following is the email received

Hi (definitely not my first name),

Thank you for your interest in employment with ----------, and for taking the time to interview with us for the -------- position. I would also like to thank you for your patience during the decision making process.

We enjoyed learning about your career experience and accomplishments. However, while your skills are impressive, we have decided to move forward with an internal candidate for the position.

I will keep your resume on file, and also encourage you to check the ‘Careers’ page on the --- website from time to time -----, as we continue to grow and expand our employment needs and service areas.

I appreciate your interest in -----, and wish you much success and good luck with your future career plans.

Thank you,

Old 12-11-2015, 07:15 AM

43,272 posts, read 41,861,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjills View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses funny enough shortly thereafter, I received a rejection email as you guys mentioned above. however, I'm a bit confused as the named mention in the greeting of the email was wrong. I honestly could not believe the recruiter really could be that careless as my email is my firstandlastname@....com?? Guess I should let it go right on confirming whether or not the email was truly meant for me? the following is the email received

Hi (definitely not my first name),

Thank you for your interest in employment with ----------, and for taking the time to interview with us for the -------- position. I would also like to thank you for your patience during the decision making process.

We enjoyed learning about your career experience and accomplishments. However, while your skills are impressive, we have decided to move forward with an internal candidate for the position.

I will keep your resume on file, and also encourage you to check the ‘Careers’ page on the --- website from time to time -----, as we continue to grow and expand our employment needs and service areas.

I appreciate your interest in -----, and wish you much success and good luck with your future career plans.

Thank you,
Well, you certainly could reply to alert her to her possible mistake, although you run the risk of forcing her to reject you twice.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, you certainly could reply to alert her to her possible mistake, although you run the risk of forcing her to reject you twice.
lol the way job interviews are set up nowadays,you gotta have thick skin So I'll go ahead and bite the bullet. I would have rather know for sure than to be left guessing. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or