U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2015, 11:10 AM

28 posts, read 25,057 times

Advertisements

Hi there.

I received a written offer depending on background and drug test. I understand that the background check came thru and I'm just waiting on the drug test to come thru to get my formal welcome email.

I'm stressing about it because I took the test on last Wed (12/09/15), and haven't heard. I took it at Quest. I am mildly stressing out additionally because I read that taking ibuprofen before the test causes false positives. I had taken 3 pills that morning (600mg) for a headache.

I've read online that others had it cause a false positive. I can't lose this job offer or I'm going to go out of my mind at my current work.

And experience how long Quest takes to get back to employers or if you think that little amount of Advil will cause a blip? They say they have a two step process.

Thanks in advance for any advice and I'd appreciate any positive thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 06:07 PM

28 posts, read 25,057 times
No one?

Old 12-14-2015, 06:53 PM

9,266 posts, read 11,832,154 times
A clean test showing nothing that needs to be "investigated" normally takes about 24-48 for the employer to get the electronic results and about 5 - 7 if by mail. Samples needing further "investigation" adds about another 24 - 48 hours to the results.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:44 PM

435 posts, read 435,731 times
Usually it's pretty fast. couple days max. Remember this time of year is busy , lot of vacations , lack of work effort, could just be a delay on their end. I couldn't imagine that a couple ibprofin or advil will do anything to hurt your testing.. Unless going for a really powerful or government job , the drug tests used are pretty cheap and only test for the main 4-5. So if you didn't smoke weed, do cocaine, or herione ( any strong pain killer, morhphine oxy) it more and likely just HR being slow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or