Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 10:48 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,127,107 times

Advertisements

Fingers crossed for you that Job B comes through with an offer today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 08:50 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Best of luck, but no matter what happens either way, you're employed! If Job B comes through, think what a wonderful Christmas you're about to have.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:09 AM

OP, did you hear back from Job B?

Old 12-21-2015, 02:07 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,812,949 times
Yes, I heard back from Job B! They sent me an offer!!!!!! $75k, full benefits, travel 30% of the time, and I will be the #2 person for Marketing in the entire company (a team of 6).

I am so excited. I will be signing the paperwork today. I am thrilled! Thanks again everyone for your input and support!

Old 12-21-2015, 02:16 PM

403 posts, read 471,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
So I have been unemployed for 4.5 months. It's been a long road and I am just exhausted from applying to so many jobs. On Wednesday I received an offer from a company where the position is great (Marketing/PR position) but at the same time the company is not my cup of tea. They do Accounting and Finance, which I have zero interest in, and almost all my professional (and educational) experience has been with the Architecture and design industry for the most part. Let's call this one JOB A

A couple weeks ago, I interviewed with an Architecture technology company for essentially the same role that I received an offer for this week. I LOVE the position and very familiar with the company. I know the Architecture industry like the back of my hand and could come in and hit the ground running. I prefer this one (let's call it JOB B), over JOB A big time. I made it through the first two rounds and only had two more rounds to go. The interviews were a great success and I was told I was their top candidate. My last two rounds were scheduled for next week.

Like I said I got an offer from JOB A on Wednesday. Now initially I was going to accept the first offered to me due to my unemployment status, but I said screw that. After waiting for almost 5 months I at least deserve to have a choice. So I told JOB A I would like some time to review the offer, by EOD Friday. They said that's perfect. I called JOB B right away and notified them that I got an offer.

JOB B scrambled. As soon as I told them got me on the phone with the two final individuals later in the day (one was on vacation) instead of meeting next week, then they asked me for my references. Today they called all my references that I provided. They also started to ask me again about my salary and go over benefits to see if I had any questions in regards to those.

Based on how they scrambled, do you think I will be getting an offer from JOB B? I really hope I do. I have waited to so long to get a new job, it's been such a journey, that it really would be amazing if I was given this role. If I don't get an offer from JOB B by Friday EOD I will have to accept JOB A which is great in its own right, but at the same time frustrating because after all of this waiting and energy spent on the job search it would be nice to have a choice, especially when one of those is a job I really really want.

When unemployment is only 26 weeks you really can't afford to have a choice because times goes so fast when you are not working. If I know I been unemployed for close to 5 months and know my UI is ending in another month I am accepting the first offer given to me.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:23 PM

403 posts, read 471,642 times
Quote:
Yes, I heard back from Job B! They sent me an offer!!!!!! $75k, full benefits, travel 30% of the time, and I will be the #2 person for Marketing in the entire company (a team of 6).

I am so excited. I will be signing the paperwork today. I am thrilled! Thanks again everyone for your input and support!
Glad it worked out for you

Old 12-21-2015, 02:25 PM

That's awesome! Congrats and best of luck!

Old 12-22-2015, 12:27 AM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:

Best Christmas present ever. Congratulations.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:22 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,275,304 times
Quote:

Congratulations!!! Thanks for letting us know.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:08 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,694,582 times
Congrats!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search